GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Oleg »

You can't have several .mesh objects in a ydd branch. If this is just one component, combine them into a single object. You should either create three different components (like accs_001 or may be task_001_u), so every component has just one .mesh inside. Due to specific GTA model composition, one component utilizes just one main texture (this allows game to create variations of peds by replacing texture for components). Given this limitation you are constrained on what the .mesh object utilizes. For example, you could combine three .mesh objects into one (using "Attach" tool for example), but you can end up with the .mesh object that use three materials and different main textures on these materials. Game will not accept it and you will get messed textures on a model in game. If these three components use just one texture, you are free to combine them.

There is a 64K vertices limit per one geometry object, so if you can't use "Attach" tool because of this limit, use "Group" instead. Select several objects in hierarchy and group them into single object. Then convert this object into L0 compound.
volt9

Post by volt9 »

Thanks Oleg!

I started over using 3 different items instead of trying to combine them. The revolver worked fine. Now I'm working on the radio in the accs slot. In OpenIV, accs_002 is my radio. But...in game, accessory 2 is what I replaced (the juggernaut armor) with the radio texture. I've cleared my cache to see if that would help, but no dice.

Appreciate your help if you have any ideas what went wrong!
Attachments
20231113205743_1.jpg
531f1cf5b27de0c7c305ceb4502f0de6.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I assume every available component should be configured in metadata file including texture packs that could be applied to every component to create variations. If you have some problem with a component, try mixing or swapping it with another (that works fine) to find out whether this was just a bad export or the component itself is not properly configured and bugs every time you put anything into this component slot. In most of cases, trial and error is the way to find the cause.
volt9

Post by volt9 »

Thanks again. I got that to work by using a different slot#. Slot 2 seems to just be in the shape of the armor forever.

Last question for this ped...I hope!

Any ideas on why an item I've moved and bound and weighted in zmodeler, and looks and functions fine there, would go back to its original position once exported? For clarity, the handcuffs are here in zmodeler but when I export and put them in game, they go back to where they started, with the badge (which is part of the same object) up front, and the cuffs around the back. This is how they would be by default in EUP. I can't think of anything I'm doing differently than any other item, but this one does not want to behave. It's in the decl slot, if that makes any difference.
Attachments
bdb2701bc3c6643ae099cac5a11a7edc.png
20231114090842_1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there could be a plenty of reasons. most likely something is not rigged properly to the skeleton.
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

Hi Oleg, is there any possible way when rigging a mesh to a ped YFT skeleton, that the bindings can be done based on the name of the bone rather than the ID? The reason I ask is that it seems among all the vanilla ped skeletons, the bones get imported with different IDs despite sharing the same name

This means that if I try to bind a ped YDD to a different ped's YFT, the bones get assigned to the wrong weights, despite the skeletons being functionally identical
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

Barring that possibility, is it possible to reassign IDs to a bone and have it automatically reassign the weight paints on bound meshes to the new ID? That way at least I could bind a mesh, manually change all the bone IDs and the bind a different mesh
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Take a look here, the reply seems to be directly related to your question:
viewtopic.php?p=72931#p72931
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hat1324 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:05 am This means that if I try to bind a ped YDD to a different ped's YFT, the bones get assigned to the wrong weights, despite the skeletons being functionally identical
Sure. Load this model with it's native good skeleton; load a new skeleton. use Rigging\Bind on a mesh and new skeleton (without using Rigging\Unbind on mesh and it's native skeleton).
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

Oh wow, it was that simple. I've been just working around this issue for years, never occurred to me to just ask you haha
dahi

How to get shiny golden ped in-game

Post by dahi »

I don't have access to post new topics so I'm posting that here.

So I want to get golden ped texture like this in-game - https://imgur.com/a/NJed7dk

Iam getting the shiny reflective texture inside zmodeler - https://imgur.com/a/xbowe3K

However, when Iam exporting the .ydd and replacing it. It doesn't look the same in-game.

Inside GTA 5, The ped looks normal and without the shiny golden texture - https://imgur.com/a/mc5RTPj

Do I have to put the .env file into the .ytd ped file? Also, how to create a .env file for this kind of texture, How to import this texture inside gta 5? What materials do I have to use?

Please let me know what I have to do in order to get the shiny reflective golden texture in-game, Please break it down step-by-step so I can get to know what to do exactly.

Thank you so much, Waiting for your reply!
dahi

Post by dahi »

Update :

I managed to get the textures in-game, but now the textures are flickering. The ped keeps changing its textures if I rotate the in-game camera - https://imgur.com/a/v10swVj

I have no other textures for the ped in the .ytd file other than the .env file - https://imgur.com/a/lQgMN7D

Please let me know what's the cause of this and how can I fix it, Also let me know if you need any other input from my side.