The texture problem in Zanoza

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

Richard

The texture problem in Zanoza

Post by Richard »

Hi there

I wanted to know what is it with the texture list being moved into new files. When I imported an object into a new project the list of all these other textures are moved in?

Do I just delete the textures in the material editor both in the drop down menu and the dialog box of the editor?

It is so annoying, it puts me off my projects. :(
Flag of Nevada
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: The texture problem in Zanoza

Post by Oleg »

I'm not sure what you are talking about. What drop-down list of textures is in a question?

When you import (or merge) model into your scene, all required materials are created and textures are loaded. There could be a case when "unused" materials are created too (or duplicate materials are created).
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Richard, is it possible that you had "merge" in mind, rather than "import"?

Merge does also fetch all materials of the source model, not only those which are attributed to the merged part(s). Which is not really necessary and bloats the set of material, adding unused entries. This can really be annoying if you are just merging some flare dummies from a model with many materials, for example. May be this is an Idea for Zmodeler 3, Oleg?

Oh, wait, this is a Zmodeler 1 topic. I had version 2 in mind, so I'm not sure if it is the same.
Richard

Post by Richard »

If you create any model object, and then just merge another one those textures for that object get moved into the current file opened. Duplicate images or not.

I have to delete the entire list of names that are not a part of the existing file?
Flag of Nevada
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Reinhard wrote:Merge does also fetch all materials of the source model, not only those which are attributed to the merged part(s). Which is not really necessary and bloats the set of material, adding unused entries. This can really be annoying if you are just merging some flare dummies from a model with many materials, for example. May be this is an Idea for Zmodeler 3, Oleg?
If i'm not mistaken, it's done properly in ZM3. I don't remember exactly, but it should be done fine... yup. certainly a must.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Oleg wrote: If i'm not mistaken, it's done properly in ZM3. I don't remember exactly, but it should be done fine... yup. certainly a must.
If not - you will be reminded for sure, promised. :mrgreen:

Good news.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Until that time, I'll just have to be careful and delete the list of textures not part of an existing file. I don't want to go off topic here, but I don't remember, but what is the file limit for vice city's TXD? You had to make sure that the bitemaps were a certain size. If you were to use photorealistic images for a model would that be a problem? :?
Flag of Nevada
Richard

Post by Richard »

Just a quick recap on textured model pieces, is it fine to unite two pieces together, but they have different textures? So long as the textures are there, and they are selected it shouldn't cause a problem.

This reminds me sort of like Grand theft Auto where you need to use channels to have one object piece with two textures.

It probably isn't a good idea if you were to import it or to texture the model in Zanoza 2 or perhaps even 3. :shock:
Flag of Nevada