ZModeler3 suggestions/wishes

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

That's the exact issue I've obstacled with TDU2. The filter could be made quite shortly, while zmod3 is far far away from any release stage. That is why, until ZMod3 is released, all filters will be released for zmodeler2.

zmodeler3 will require filters porting, since certain features (like materials/shaders) will change. I expect most of zmod2 filters to be ported to zmod3. from that moment on, only zmod3 plugins/filers wil be made.

All registered zmodeler2 useres will recieve a time-limited (depending on date of zmod2 order) license for zmod3. So, there is no actual point to buy zmod3 lincese as soon as it arrives for download.
Murph90

Post by Murph90 »

how long is the licence, or just making up that

personally, if Zmod 2 users bought the last one maybe a discount like 5 - 10%, instead of just a say 30 day trial....

but thats only what i think
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

something arond 90 days for any registered zmod2 user; 180 days for orders placed in 2010 year; 1 year for orders placed in 2011 year.. something like that, not sure yet.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Another idea: may be an import service for materials would be useful?

In the materials editor, after selecting a material, a button named "Import" would override current material settings, with values taken from a custom mat file?
Australian made

Post by Australian made »

if your going to charge people per month access, then you need to make sure that your app is stable..alot of people will be rather reluctant to pay for something..that they can just turn around and hack and use for free anyway..i'd be thinking about this seriously...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Australian made wrote:if your going to charge people per month access, then you need to make sure that your app is stable..alot of people will be rather reluctant to pay for something..that they can just turn around and hack and use for free anyway..i'd be thinking about this seriously...
well, in general, zmod2 wasn't hacked. some users have shared their license keys, so most of "cracked" zmod2 versions on the web are spread with someones legal key. That is why zmod3 will require key validation on a constant basis. It will be impossible to use the same key for different users (on different PCs). As always, the weak point in such a case is an "offline activation" (that's the point where most of protection systems get broken or cheated), so I think that zmod3 will require users to be connected to internet in order to run (may be once a week validation or something like that).

how many zmodeler users do not have internet access on their PC? anyone has I suppose. :)
Stew2000

Post by Stew2000 »

Weekly validation is a bit much. maybe 30 day validation.
We would need something like a 3 PC license for people who use their PC and Laptop for modelling.
Maybe something like Itunes Authorisation/Deauthorisation button.
The problems only come when you do a forced format because you couldn't back up your PC.

Anyway...
My idea is for a Notes Floater. Just a simple box where you can type dimensions, sizes and random math things.
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

Oleg wrote:
Australian made wrote:if your going to charge people per month access, then you need to make sure that your app is stable..alot of people will be rather reluctant to pay for something..that they can just turn around and hack and use for free anyway..i'd be thinking about this seriously...
well, in general, zmod2 wasn't hacked. some users have shared their license keys, so most of "cracked" zmod2 versions on the web are spread with someones legal key. That is why zmod3 will require key validation on a constant basis. It will be impossible to use the same key for different users (on different PCs). As always, the weak point in such a case is an "offline activation" (that's the point where most of protection systems get broken or cheated), so I think that zmod3 will require users to be connected to internet in order to run (may be once a week validation or something like that).

how many zmodeler users do not have internet access on their PC? anyone has I suppose. :)
I have to say, I disagree.

On the PC where Im connected to the internet is only for MSN, video's and internet.
This PC cannot run any game and is way too weak, even for Zmodeler2.

So I have a laptop wich is powerfull for games like GTA4 and other heavy games.
But its not connected to the internet.
It is a problem if I require internet connection for to be able to use Zmodeler3.
ExoticLover1

Post by ExoticLover1 »

What about .fbx filters and animation support? .FBX is used in blender, maya, 3D max, and other programs. It is one of the most widely used format for major programs and it does support many things.

There should be some sort of retopologizing tools where users can create tris, quad and ngon for retopology It's too much work trying to make lowpoly models using tris inside the current retopology program for older games and it's way easier to use quad even though that's not what I want in certain cases during retopologizing process.
Tomek

License validator and ideas

Post by Tomek »

Oleg wrote: It will be impossible to use the same key for different users (on different PCs). :)
So, when I will go to change my low-end motherboard or some other shit (to upgrade PC), which have stored "this" PC ID, that told ZModeler, it's still my PC, the license will be rubbish then?
So, how the hell my PC know, that it's still my PC?
:arrow: Update Saturation and gamma button for multiple selected vertices, not for single only.
:arrow: You need to make user-friendly creating scripts, like in gmax or 3dsmax
:arrow: Add UV animation creator
:arrow: Remove "selected" and AUTO button (it's inneeded because when I select with quadr more than ony vertices, it should be like Selected is ON, when I click on one vertices, selected is off), something wrong is with that buttons anyway.
:arrow: Create better texture list in material editor, we want to move some texture to up and down too, for example, when alpha not work propertly for other textures
:arrow: remove buttons in material preview (they don't work).
:arrow: Menu of models haven't sometimes option "delete", only weld :/
:arrow: Update GTA San Andreas script please too, to save collision files and for omni lights.

I show You on the movie later, how it should work, Maybe You take some motivation for that.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

thanks. it would be nice to see ideas in movies or hand-drawn...

Here's a screenshot of Textures Browser from version 3 attached.
Attachments
TexBrowserV3.jpg
Stew2000

Post by Stew2000 »

Looks great Oleg.
Will the UI colour be changeable like Zmod2?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

for sure. It's just my preferable dark+orange ui on the screenshot.
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

Nice nice..., but will be possible to make UV animations for GTA San Andreas models, like Las Vegas neons?
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

Is it possible to make Speculair Highlight color-able?
Like choosing your ow favorite color?
So more only white.

And when imported a car from SA or any game, the speculair seems to be soft.
Not like that glossy highlight.
Could you fix that?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I'm not sure whether issues or lags of particular old filters will be fixed. more likely they will not. Believe me it's pretty hard to research again and make changes in old code. For example, textures browser above was rewritten from scratch. All controls on it (as well as other controls ZMod uses) were made from scratch too.

concerning specualr color, you can chage it in materials editor; basic paramters; non-simple mode; specular color -> change color.
Australian made

Post by Australian made »

all i can say, is what is made by man, can be cracked by another man..trust me oleg..there's always a way to work around what your proposing...

but good luck with it, i'm retired from all things modding, so it wont affect me now or in the future..but seeing as i've been in contact with you, privately and publicly since the days of nfs3, when modders were using stuff like carcad, and zmodeler was a mere fantasy...

wishin you all the best for the future my old friend
toolieo

Post by toolieo »

Oleg wrote:yes. no filters will be made for zmod2 anymore.
so? That means with the release of NFS Shift 2 coming soon you won't do a filter? :cry: crap.
Stew2000

Post by Stew2000 »

toolieo wrote:
Oleg wrote:yes. no filters will be made for zmod2 anymore.
so? That means with the release of NFS Shift 2 coming soon you won't do a filter? :cry: crap.
You'll just have to buy Zmod3 Tool. or get someone else to make the filter :wink:
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

I guess he's concerned of the time frame.

While Zmod 3 is far away, release NFS Shift 2 is just a matter of days.

Well... You can't always get what you want.
Stew2000

Post by Stew2000 »

It will take long enough to make the tools needed for Shift2.

Post by Guest »

Stew2000 wrote:You'll just have to buy Zmod3 Tool.
Oh, that's bad. I thought Zmodeler 3 would be available to those who paid for Zmod2. Bad news for me then too I guess again.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Oleg stated the following, before, here:
Oleg wrote: All registered zmodeler2 useres will recieve a time-limited (depending on date of zmod2 order) license for zmod3.
and:
Oleg wrote:something arond 90 days for any registered zmod2 user; 180 days for orders placed in 2010 year; 1 year for orders placed in 2011 year.. something like that, not sure yet.
toolieo

Post by toolieo »

Hmm, I got Zmodeler2 in August 2008.
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

Oleg, wich payment do you accept?
If you only accept creditcard, it will be hard for most of us.
Any idea to accept Paypal?
Its a better alternative payment.