Zmodeler not running with GPU

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
dungnguyen95

Zmodeler not running with GPU

Post by dungnguyen95 »

Hi everyone, I have a problem that zmodeler not running on my external graphics card, I open task manager and its shows that GPU 0% and my model in zmodeler very lag and I can't do mapping or render the template at all, please help
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmodeler not running with GPU

Post by Oleg »

is your external graphic card selected in ZModeler on "Settings->Rendering->Device" page?
UV Mapping or template creation is not related to GPU. It involves a significant CPU usage to create mapping data for an object, so more likely you will get higher CPU usage on "Edit UV" tool rather than GPU usage.
dungnguyen95

Post by dungnguyen95 »

Oleg wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:29 am is your external graphic card selected in ZModeler on "Settings->Rendering->Device" page?
UV Mapping or template creation is not related to GPU. It involves a significant CPU usage to create mapping data for an object, so more likely you will get higher CPU usage on "Edit UV" tool rather than GPU usage.
Yea I choose my RTX on Rendering tab, but when I open a model with high quaily of texture ( polygon ), the mapping and zmodeler so slow and freeze frequently. My CPU use when using zmodeler just about 10%, its not use all of my CPU and GPU
My Spec:
- i9-9900k
- RTX 2060
- 32gb RAM
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

unfortunately, take it as it is. the "Edit UV" code is quite slow and can't run in parallel. So it runs on just one core of your CPU.
dungnguyen95

Post by dungnguyen95 »

Oleg wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:20 pm unfortunately, take it as it is. the "Edit UV" code is quite slow and can't run in parallel. So it runs on just one core of your CPU.
If next update zmodeler can use all of machine resource, it would be wonderful because I don't have to use another software when I have used to zmodeler