For some reason my spotlights (extra 11) are aimed in the wrong direction... not sure how to aim them correctly

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
kreemerz

For some reason my spotlights (extra 11) are aimed in the wrong direction... not sure how to aim them correctly

Post by kreemerz »

Here's my Tahoe.

For ELS programming... when I turn on the spotlights, the light beam is aimed like they're coming out the back of the Tahoe and not the spotlights pointing forward...

Is there a way to rotate them correctly? in the right direction

See the images..
453.jpg
4324.jpg
1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: For some reason my spotlights (extra 11) are aimed in the wrong direction... not sure how to aim them correctly

Post by Oleg »

I would suggest to play around with object axes by rotating them. and I would start from resetting (rotation only) to world.

In some rare cases, adding an element in a hierarchy as a parent to this object and doing some rotation on this intermediate element can do the trick.

For example, instead of Chassis -> extra_11 create a hierarchy like Chassis -> extra_11_rot -> extra_11 and do some rotations on "extra_11_rot" to see whether it has some effect.

I suppose you have a problem that corona effect is facing the proper way, but the light itself goes the wrong way?
kreemerz

Re: For some reason my spotlights (extra 11) are aimed in the wrong direction... not sure how to aim them correctly

Post by kreemerz »

yup, that is exactly what is happening.

coronas are fine but the light is going the wrong (opposite direction.) as is demonstrated with the image,