Collision error

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Martinelli1_

Collision error

Post by Martinelli1_ »

I added an item to the car and now it looks like this in the game. The collision and the wheels disappeared. help me please

Print:
https://ibb.co/mzBrT6Z
https://ibb.co/m6BJccr
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Collision error

Post by Oleg »

have you updated both files: model.yft and model_hi.yft?

make a clean import/export of the model with no changes. just to ensure everything is set up properly. You can move one vertex on a roof up (to make a spike), just to be sure you have a modded vehicle in game.

Also, what is your vehicle's export log on bones count? It should not exceed 128 bones.
Martinelli1_

Post by Martinelli1_ »

this is the record that appears in the log:

Exported highest lod only. Hierarchy elements: 75. Collision elements: 24. Materials used: 38. Embedded textures: 0.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

export the regular model file and ensure it has exactly the same "hierarchy elements" in a log.

and an import/export with no changes - have you made this test first?
Martinelli1_

Post by Martinelli1_ »

I did the import/export test yes. I think it's some problem with the textures maybe.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

too few information given. the vehicle on your screenshot does look like something is wrong with collision. I don't know whether it has missing or wrong textures as I have no idea how it should actually look in game.

When you say you have imported a model and added a part (if everything done properly) it might cause some collisions to stop responding (known issue). E.g. you can walk through the vehicle, or vehicle does not hit light poles or peds, but the overall vehicle should look properly. On your screenshot the vehicle looks wrong - missing wheels and/or looks like wheel collisions are under the car. This looks like a messed hierarchy of the model.

Post a screenshot of model's hierarchy from ZModeler (not a must to show the entire hierarchy tree), just show what (object) and where have you added.

A good test option is to import the exported model into an empty scene and take a look whether it is OK (hierarchy and collisions are retained).
Martinelli1_

Post by Martinelli1_ »

I added the inside of the car trunk and used the attach tool to join.

https://ibb.co/Y2PfD9X
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your ZModeler version looks way too old. You might be facing a bug that was fixed already. Get the most recent ZModeler version and try the same steps.

Does your "boot" branch contain "boot [COL]" object? if it does, remove it and try to export again. Also, move the added part to the bottom of hierarchy tree.