Missing IImportExportService.

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Zenas

Missing IImportExportService.

Post by Zenas »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times with no solution. When trying to import and export I get the error: Missing IImportExportService.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Missing IImportExportService.

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler has not loaded all required modules. Most likely OS Windows (windows defender) or your antivirus has blocked loading of some modules. Make sure ZModeler is NOT installed in any subfolder of C:\Users folder. For example, "Downloads", "Desktop", "My documents" are actually located in C:\users fubfolder.

Perfectly, move ZModeler folder from a system drive onto another drive like "D:\Modding\ZModeler3" or something like that.

Make sure to run ZModeler as Administrator.
Tadhg202

Post by Tadhg202 »

I have tryed what you sayed but it still wont work any other fixs for it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

There are no other fixes at the moment. I can advise to change application properties on zmodeler3.exe file itself to be "Run as Administrator" and may be change "Compatibility" to windows 8.1 or something like this.

Other users reported that ZModeler has refused to run fine for several first startups and after rebooting computer it eventually runs fine.

I have seen the similar issue with downloaded (from the website) version - OS Windows reported that application is unsafe to run, I press "Run anyway" button and see the same issue - missing ImportExportService (actually, not all modules were loaded by ZModeler). After closing application and running it again everything appears to be fine. Additionally, a "Windows Defender" message appears that is has "cloud checked" something and got no issue. :?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If you have a Help\About window with "Product Information", "License Information" and "Account Setup" pages there, then ZModeler has started properly and everything is OK. You need to install license key in ZModeler to unlock Import/Export service.
Ishi942

Post by Ishi942 »

I also have the same problem but its start to annoy me not to be able to modding on gta but I can not import so I lost my free license without being able to use it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Install license key properly and it will work fine.

A common mistake that is rarely spotted in guides or videos is that ZModeler application hangs in tasks manager for 4-5 seconds after closing application. While there is zmodeler3.exe process running, you should not start ZModeler again. So, every case of "restart ZModeler" assumes that you wait 5-7 seconds after shutdown before starting ZModeler again.
Shetan3

Post by Shetan3 »

Hello, I have a problem after trying everything that is on the import/export forum. Zmodeler is inactive on my D drive with a valid key. Even after disabling everything possible on Microsoft Defender
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Make sure you have "codelib.zmx" file in "Shared" folder inside ZModeler. It might got deleted by windows defender some time ago and ZModeler can't save license key on a hard drive when this file is missing. Note, there should be no "zmodeler3.exe" process running in background (e.g. a jammed process that blocks access to license storage file).

Run ZModeler as Administrator and get your license key installed and validated (a message "Restart ZModeler please" appears when license key is properly validated and should be saved). Then close ZModeler, wait 5-7 seconds and run ZModeler again. "License Information" window should NOT appear automatically. If it does - your license key was not loaded from a hard drive and ZModeler tries to get license key again. This is a wrong scenario.

Post by Guest »

hello after checking sorry i am really not good in english yes it and always written wrong password and there for the moment i really don't know what to do
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The password you specify in ZModeler on "Account setup" is NOT your account password. This is the password you assign onto your platform ID on "My computers" page. I advise to clear password in web account on "My computers" page and in ZModeler on "Account Setup" page. Then restart ZModeler. It is OK to let ZModeler access your account with no password.
Shetan3

Post by Shetan3 »

Thank you for your help everything and sort out thank you to you