Materials and shaders question regarding vehicle_paint and bumpmaps

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
BrD

Materials and shaders question regarding vehicle_paint and bumpmaps

Post by BrD »

Is there a way to get a bumpmap(normals) on a mesh while using vehicle_paint3, i want to have liveries but i also want to have a bumpmap
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Materials and shaders question regarding vehicle_paint and bumpmaps

Post by Oleg »

No, vehicle_paint3 has no bumptexture slot. Also, I do not see any vehicle_paint shader that has overlay texture mask and bump map. May be you can use paint shader with bump for the vehicle body and create duplicate polygons as overlays with paint3 shader on them?
BrD

Post by BrD »

So i noticed that the newer planes/helicopter has liveries as yft and they are integrated in the modkit, R* has used the vehicle_paint8 shader and that lets you use 3 diffuse maps, bump, spec and env. However i am having some issues trying to get it to work properly ingame. The vehicle loads random textures instead of the ones assigned
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, vehicle_paint8 might be a good choice.

DETAIL: UV#2; primary texture

DETAIL2: "ShowSampler0", UV#1, masked on texture's alpha;
DETAIL2 Transition: "SnowSampler1", UV#1, masked on texture's alpha;

DETAIL3: secondary texture, UV#2, masked on texture's alpha; (can be used as overlay)
MASK: dirt/scratch on UV#3;
BUMP: UV#1;
BUMP Transition: UV#1, "DirtBumpSampler" (probably, bumpiness mask for dirt effect?)
SPEC: UV#1, maksed on vertex color alpha;

I advise to import original game model with paint8 shader and use this material and textures on your own model. just replace textures that you actually have (detail, bump, overlay). Mind to check UV channels, there is no way to configure game's shader's texture slot onto some texture channel, all channels are hard-coded.