Materials Library

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Mentossini

Materials Library

Post by Mentossini »

Привет! В браузере материалов есть много интересных кнопок, функционал которых очень интересен - но нигде не смог найти информации об этом. Кнопки "New", "Load", "Save" - я так понимаю они необходимы для Watch Dogs и ETS2. В той же GTA 5 им применения нет?
Ну и самая интересная для меня кнопка - "Materials Library" - я так и не понял её смысла и то, как с ней взаимодействовать.

И ещё вопрос вдогонку - При импорте - кнопка "Reuse Materials" как я понял заменяет материалы импортируемых моделей на уже имеющиеся (если совпадает нейминг), но делает она это не всегда. Т.е. часть материалов она действительно заменяет, а часть - нет. Хотелось бы понять принцип, как это работает т.к. очень помогло бы. У меня есть кучка моделей, но все материалы у них делятся на каждую модель отдельно. И вместо того, чтобы перетаскивать и делать "Replace" этих материалов - пытаюсь найти вариант, как всё это упростить.

Hello! There are many interesting buttons in the browser of materials, the functionality of which is very interesting - but nowhere could you find information about it. The buttons "New", "Load", "Save" - as I understand it, they are necessary for Watch Dogs and ETS2. In the same GTA 5 do they have no application?
Well, the most interesting button for me - "Materials Library" - I still did not understand its meaning and how to interact with it.

And another question - with imports - the "Reuse Materials" button as I understand it replaces the materials of imported models with existing ones (if nemiting neiming coincides), but it does not always do it. Those. It really replaces part of the materials, but part - no. I would like to understand the principle of how it works because It would help a lot. I have a bunch of models, but all the materials are divided into each model separately. And instead of dragging and making “replace” these materials - I’m trying to find an option of how to simplify it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Materials Library

Post by Oleg »

Load/Save can only be used when material files is separated from the model. Watch dogs and ETS is the case, while GTA is not.

"Materials library" is a placeholder only. It was designed to have a sort of materials library on a hard drive to make it easier to create mods out of several models with identical materials. This is, in general, for ETS2 maps (prefabs) or other scenarios where materials reuse over several .z3d scenes was necessary. However, this feature was never implemented, so there is no use of "Materials Library" branch at the moment.

"Reuse materials" is an option available on some of importers. The behavior of an import depends on the code associated with materials reuse, so this is not something that has an explicit logic over all import formats. In particular, GTA5's import code requires material to match by name, and texture names should match on texture slots DETAIL, SPEC (and BUMP if available). So, even if your scene has a material with the same name as the imported model, a mismatch on textures will not cause available material to be used for the imported model - it will create it's own material with different set of textures. Note, it compares texture names only, so if one model had its own embedded texture "plastic.dds" and material "plastic" and the new imported model has a different embedded texture "plastic" in it and material "plastic" it is likely you will get an old material reused (with an old texture, not the one actually stored in an imported file). So, be accurate with "reused materials", it can cause imported model to use material with wrong textures on it.

However, reusing materials is strongly advised to use when you import the same vehicle from model_hi.yft and model.yft as these are likely to have the same materials set.
Mentossini

Post by Mentossini »

Есть ли возможность в Texture Browser и Material Browser добавить сортировку A-Z для удобства? Думаю, было бы очень полезно.

Is it possible to add A-Z sorting in Texture Browser and Material Browser for convenience? I think it would be very useful.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

В браузере текстур, скорее всего, да, можно. В браузере материалов - нет. Там материалы идут по порядку, в котором геометрия/полигоны их индексируют (#0, #1, #2...). Любая сортировка (даже если предположить что можно отслеживать номера материалов при этом) сделает там невозможным перетаскивание и сортировку материалов. Я в этой же связи притормозил с реализацией идеи группировки материалов в папки/библиотеку.