License Stacking Days

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

AUG1127

License Stacking Days

Post by AUG1127 »

Can't both licenses be used at the same time?
I have 187 days remaining on my current license, and I bought another three-month license, but it seems that it cannot be used on the same platform at the same time? What do I do with my purchased three-month license if it doesn't work?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License Stacking Days

Post by Oleg »

You can have only one license active for platform ID at a time. If your old license still has days on it, you can use it up to expiration. Once it expires, you can activate your new license. Currently, your new license is not yet activated and can stay in web account for as long as needed, its days are not running out.

Also, I advise to assign password onto your platform ID in web account and specify this password in ZModeler, so you can have a freshly-validated license in ZModeler all the time.
AUG1127

Post by AUG1127 »

ok, I am relieved that the new license is not activated, so that I can use the old license after it expires
Assign password to platform ID? I remember submitting my password in my account
If no password is submitted, how do I submit it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Once your license expires, your platform ID will be able to get new license activated for. You will need to activate your new license manually and install new license key in ZModeler.

You can assign platform password on "My computers" page. If you have password assigned on platform and set everything up properly in ZModeler itself, then ZModeler will download and install new license key automatically. This is a preferred way for license installation workflow.