Problem after the latest update

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
AgentDZN

Problem after the latest update

Post by AgentDZN »

Hey, I was able to export my vehicles in GTA without any errors before the latest update.

Recently, however, I got the following error, which affects the paint job in the game:

Incorrect multy-texture layer MODE set on material "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap [PAINT:1]".

How can I fix this error?

Best regards
AgentDZN

Re: Problem after the latest update

Post by AgentDZN »

Apparently, Rockstar Games is no longer using the "Lerp" mode in the user-defined options. They switched to "Overlay". At least, that's what they use on their newest vehicles with a livery such as the "polgauntlet".

Do you have an idea why I can no longer use "Lerp"? It has worked for the last few years without any problems, and now it no longer shows the paint job correctly. I have to switch to "Overlay" now to make it work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, the set of "livery" shaders have been updated to draw the overlay texture properly in ZModeler. The export mode should be set to "Overlay" while default is "Lerp". Changing this manually to "Overlay" should solve the issue.

I have updated the configuration script, so it should not produce correct pre-configured material for vehicle_paint* shader adaptations.
Direfulmadman

Post by Direfulmadman »

Im currently having an issue with this on doing a template. It seems to work, i was getting the wrong mode alert but fixed that after reading this posting, and now thats gone.

Now my problem lies in game, it wont detect my liveries.

I have the proper flag in vehicle.meta, i can pull up only whatever is in my sign_1 spot, but none of the other 4 designs I did up as it tells me no liveries detected.

Even had another dev take a look and it all seems right to them, but still no livery detected.

Could this be related, and any idea how to fix?

Thanks for any help!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this does not seem to be an issue with the export or ZModeler. probably something have to be configured in a metadata file.
Direfulmadman

Post by Direfulmadman »

Right on. Yeah ive used 7 different vehicles.meta, and the other dev thats helpin has as well, its got us stumped.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, I can't help on this particular subject as this does not relate to ZModeler or an exported file.
Direfulmadman

Post by Direfulmadman »

No worries, Ill keep tryin. Thanks tho
Seb5a

Post by Seb5a »

Direfulmadman wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:19 am No worries, Ill keep tryin. Thanks tho
Did you export model with texture in paint material named smth_sign_1 or smth_sign1. I don't remember wich version is correct, because I am using liveries in yft file.

As I remember you have to export your model with texture named like that, add that flag to vehicles.meta and add liveries to ytd file.
bigcity204

Post by bigcity204 »

@Oleg im having same issue I have everything set correctly ive done tons of liveries and they've all worked before all the metas are written correctly.