UV ycd animation

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
angel-wt

UV ycd animation

Post by angel-wt »

I found that ZM3 supports viewing UV animation (ycd), but it does not support editing or editing it is very troublesome. It would be great if we could create UV animation (ycd). I found that GTA5 uses sequence frames, but I don't know how to create it. It seems that ZM3 cannot create sequence frame animation. Can you provide support for this animation? thank you.
If the duration is long enough, a sequence of 30s of frame videos may look great. Here is a sample file from the original version of GTA5 that I uploaded for you to see if it can provide an update support. Additionally, if UV animations can be viewed in ZM and UVW View, that would be even better.

File:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O0Pfg- ... sp=sharing
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: UV ycd animation

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
You can't view UV animation in UV Mapper. In general, you should specify uv animation data in animation track - amount of frames per texture's U (horizontal count of frames on texture) and texture's V (vertical count of rows of frames on texture).
I don't remember how it works, but this is something that .ycd import/export does. Take a look in Animation's tracks editor - there is a track for UV and you can edit it's properties in user-defined properties window (a button on top of tracks editor).
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. There's no value in the attribute. Isn't there a faster way, do I need a node to change the value separately?
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:46 am Hello.
You can't view UV animation in UV Mapper. In general, you should specify uv animation data in animation track - amount of frames per texture's U (horizontal count of frames on texture) and texture's V (vertical count of rows of frames on texture).
I don't remember how it works, but this is something that .ycd import/export does. Take a look in Animation's tracks editor - there is a track for UV and you can edit it's properties in user-defined properties window (a button on top of tracks editor).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it looks like this has nothing to do with properties; you edit the X and Y position values on [uv] animation track. These are, probably a frame offset on texture's space (U and V respectively). as you can see, it animates intergrally with hard step/jump from previous frame position data to the new frame position data. mess around with values to see what they do and you will be able to make your own animation then. this does not look like anything scripted, this is an offset added to the base UV layout. So, if you map to a texture fragment, animation will probably have 0,0 in several frames in a beginning, then instantly jump to something like (0.25, 0) to move mapping to 25% to the right (assuming you have 4 frames in a row), then at some point, jump back to 0 on X and something like 0.5 on V (assuming you have 2 rows of frames on a texture).

P.S. I guess it works this way, never used to test it and never used to load any uv-animated model in game.