[GTA IV] A problem with wheel reflection and breakable window

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

ni7ro25

[GTA IV] A problem with wheel reflection and breakable window

Post by ni7ro25 »

Now the headlight problem is solved, i came across with another problem, 2 in fact. First i wanna talk about the wheel i first, i found this bug when i'm doing a little checkup with my car model and found out when i try burst the wheel the reflection on the rim is a bit glitchy/weird.
Second, now this time is about the windows. For some reason the windows on the right side take more time to break than on the left side with just one shot. I try to change the id of right windows collision but it's still the same
ni7ro25

Re: [GTA IV] A problem with wheel reflection and breakable window

Post by ni7ro25 »

Ok i fix the problem with the glass, i didn't know i need to assign a certain id on each polygon. But the problem with the wheel reflection still remain there, i read it somewhere in this forum that i need to add the GTA4:BUMP line in the tire material, but it doesn't seem to be working
ni7ro25

Post by ni7ro25 »

Look at the rear wheel reflection, this how the reflection before i move the car https://pasteboard.co/ZwmVIx3s3OxL.png

And this is after i move the car a bit https://pasteboard.co/JycRdZrEV9Pd.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler2 has no bump-mapping and tangents support. The lack of this data affects bump-mapped materials and reflection on them. An exporter simulates tangents data for surfaces and on most of static objects it looks OK. But since wheels are spinning, the incorrect tangents data for bump-mapping becomes clearly visible. This is not something you can solve with ZModeler2 export.
ni7ro25

Post by ni7ro25 »

What should i do? Do i just use another 3d modeling software?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

for gta4 model? may be this could be an option.
ni7ro25

Post by ni7ro25 »

Forget what i just said, maybe i need to lean how to use 3ds max. Thanks again for the answer, Oleg