Zmodeler 3 Update Fail

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
medic4523

Zmodeler 3 Update Fail

Post by medic4523 »

I can't create a new topic in Zmod3 General Discussion, so the next best was here.

My Zmod3 updated today, and now EVERY model I load has massive failures for every material... see attached photo. There's no apparent recovery from this. Can't even figure out how to repair every material for every model I have... big fail on zmod3 with this update.
ShaderMaterials Failure
ShaderMaterials Failure
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmodeler 3 Update Fail

Post by Oleg »

expand any of "IShaderMaterial::apply failed" messages and show details please.

I hope you have not unpacked ZModeler 3.3.0 into a folder with older version installation? it is not supposed to work this way.
medic4523

Post by medic4523 »

Oleg wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:28 pm expand any of "IShaderMaterial::apply failed" messages and show details please.

I hope you have not unpacked ZModeler 3.3.0 into a folder with older version installation? it is not supposed to work this way.
I have ended up deleting my zmodeler3, reinstalling, and resetting all of the materials as this issue persists. I wasn't able to find any other solution in the time I was trying to complete a project on a time crunch. You can probably delete this thread. Thanks
WildFyr

Post by WildFyr »

I am having this issue, ever since I had to force update ZMod because it was not activating my license. The auto update never worked so I downloaded the new version and installed it manually. Now parts of my light bar show up invisible.. Expanding the "IShaderMaterial::apply failed" gives me a few errors, as seen here. You can also see how the light bar looks, almost like the material has been toggled off in the material browser.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5b51839a90&

EDIT: I downloaded the version all over again and installed it on a separate drive. It seemed to work fine. Not sure what my problem was, but it seems to be fixed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler 3.3.0 is incompatible with older versions (e.g. 3.2.1). That is why this version does not appear as an update. It can not be installed into the same folder as shaders are incompatible. ZModeler 3.3.0 should be installed into a different folder to run properly.