problems with an inverted wheel.

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
MrGeH

problems with an inverted wheel.

Post by MrGeH »

Hi, I have a problem with inverted wheels and I was wondering if someone could help me. I will explain and also have a screenshot.
The main wheel in the zmodeler it is placed correctly and on the right side. in the fivem the car spawns with the front left wheel to the right side and the others are inverted, when I do wheel tuning the wheels are normal but the one that was correct it inverts.
Can anyone help me? :D
Attachments
Screenshot_129.png
Screenshot_130.png
Screenshot_131.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: problems with an inverted wheel.

Post by Oleg »

make sure local axes on wheel dummies, on wheel collisions and on wheel mesh object. Import original game model for a reference. mind to check axes directions, they should match to original game model.
MrGeH

Post by MrGeH »

could you demonstrate this with a screenshot or video?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no. when you hover an object with mouse cursor, object's axes are drawn as red/green/blue lines. these axes direction should match axes on original game's vehicle. Also, almost every object's axes direction should match world axes direction (see axes tripod in bottom-left corner of viewport). Some objects do have different axes direction to make proper setup of an object or animations in game (for example, steering wheel object has some rotation on it initially). But most of objects still retain world axes direction with red X axis pointing to the left, green Y axis pointing up to the sky and blue Z axis pointing backward.

When an object is flipped in game it is very likely caused object axes to be mirrored or flipped. for example, when user copies something from left side to the right (or vise versa) he mirrors an object on X axis and quite likely can mirror an axes too by mistake.
MrGeH

Post by MrGeH »

thanks for the instructions, if I use the mirror tool can I solve it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you need to find out what exactly is wrong. in most of cases, using Display\Local axes\Reset to World tool can solve the issue. Mind to toggle "Orientation" mode on "Local axes" group options, as by default this tool resets orientation and position of axes.