Dials only showing up when looking away right/left but not visible when looking straight.

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
nuwelszxc

Dials only showing up when looking away right/left but not visible when looking straight.

Post by nuwelszxc »

Does anybody know what's causing this? Been trying to look for the problem on the shaders for like 2 hours now
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Dials only showing up when looking away right/left but not visible when looking straight.

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, I have never seen an error reported like that, so I can't give any specific advise.

I would try different shader and/or different texture assignment to find out whether issue is related to shader or to a specific texture it uses. Also, move dials object out of it's place to a clearly-visible area (e.g. next to windscreen). This might help to understand it better what is going on (does it become transparent or fades to black). when you look straight to an object, a specular highlight might appear, make be SPECMAP texture causing problems too.
nuwelszxc

Re: Dials only showing up when looking away right/left but not visible when looking straight.

Post by nuwelszxc »

Oleg wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:05 am Unfortunately, I have never seen an error reported like that, so I can't give any specific advise.

I would try different shader and/or different texture assignment to find out whether issue is related to shader or to a specific texture it uses. Also, move dials object out of it's place to a clearly-visible area (e.g. next to windscreen). This might help to understand it better what is going on (does it become transparent or fades to black). when you look straight to an object, a specular highlight might appear, make be SPECMAP texture causing problems too.
It fades then turns transparent its just gone when character looks straight on first person view
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

and as I have specified above, I haven't ever seen anything like that, so I can't give any advice apart the one I've written earlier.