Can't import game files on WIN11

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

dk0071942

Can't import game files on WIN11

Post by dk0071942 »

I have a trial license on my new laptop and the license is successfully activated. However, I can't import anything from GTAV and nothing happens when I press the import button.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't import game files on WIN11

Post by Oleg »

Most likely you are trying to import locked model. If the "Import" button gets dimmed when you pick the file or press Import, then the file is locked and can't be imported.
Original game models should be importable.

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:05 am Most likely you are trying to import locked model. If the "Import" button gets dimmed when you pick the file or press Import, then the file is locked and can't be imported.
Original game models should be importable.
I tried both unlocked models and models from the original game. I could click the import button but nothing happened.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you attach a set of screenshots please? (before, after, your license information window).

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:25 am may you attach a set of screenshots please? (before, after, your license information window).
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jonathan%20Wang/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%202023-03-20%20194412.png[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jonathan%20Wang/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%202023-03-20%20194439.png[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jonathan%20Wang/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%202023-03-20%20194505.png[/img]

I tried the files on my PC (Win 10) and the import was successful.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:47 am
Oleg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:25 am may you attach a set of screenshots please? (before, after, your license information window).
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jonathan%20Wang/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%202023-03-20%20194412.png[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jonathan%20Wang/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%202023-03-20%20194439.png[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/Jonathan%20Wang/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%202023-03-20%20194505.png[/img]

I tried the files on my PC (Win 10) and the import was successful.
Screenshots are here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It could be the license not installed. When you start ZModeler, "License Information" window should not appear. If it appears - your license key is not saved on a hard drive.

Mind to run ZModeler as Administrator. Once license key is installed, close ZModeler. Give it 5-10 seconds before starting again, then run ZModeler as Administrtor.

Also, do not put ZModeler onto removable/usb/could drive.

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:12 am It could be the license not installed. When you start ZModeler, "License Information" window should not appear. If it appears - your license key is not saved on a hard drive.

Mind to run ZModeler as Administrator. Once license key is installed, close ZModeler. Give it 5-10 seconds before starting again, then run ZModeler as Administrtor.

Also, do not put ZModeler onto removable/usb/could drive.
I have tried again and the license can't be installed. The window appears whenever I open ZM3. Like I said I could use zm3 on my PC but not on my laptop with win11. Neither restarting the program nor my laptop makes a change.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you have a codelib.zmx file in "Shared" folder? if you do, does codelib.dynamic file apper when you install license key?

make sure all zmodeler3.exe processes are down before you start zmodeler again.

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:40 am do you have a codelib.zmx file in "Shared" folder? if you do, does codelib.dynamic file apper when you install license key?

make sure all zmodeler3.exe processes are down before you start zmodeler again.
I have a codelib.zmx file in ''Shared'' folder but codelib.dynamic file doesn't appear when I install license key.

And I leave the ZM3 program open and untouched for 2 minutes long and it will eventually give me runtime error and the program shuts down automatically.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. ZModeler folder not on a system drive. Or at least not in your user folder (C:\Users\your user name\...)
2. ZModeler is being run as Administrator.
3. No other zmodeler3.exe process running in background.
4. It is recommended to right-click on ZModeler folder, pick "Properties" and toggle off "Read only", press OK. Then specify "To all files and folders inside" and press OK again.
5. install your license key (you should see "Restart ZModeler please" upon successful license key download/validation). At this point codelib.dynamic must appear. If it doesn't - then OS windows (windows defender) or some other antivirus software on your computer blocks ZModeler from creating this file (license storage and dynamic update file). Without this file ZModeler can not start with license.
6. Press OK and close ZModeler. The "zmodeler3.exe" process might still be running for about 5-7 seconds, so give it at least 10 seconds before starting ZModeler again.