viewpoints issue after update

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

KacperEEV

viewpoints issue after update

Post by KacperEEV »

hi, today I downloaded the newest version of Zmodeler and I have a problem with it, as you can see on screenshot below viewpoints are black. I used Zmodeler a lot of time before update and everything worked fine.

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: viewpoints issue after update

Post by Oleg »

What is your hardware and what have you selected in Settings\Rendering\Device?

Also, try toggling "Enable multisampling" there on/off, may be it will work in some combination.
KacperEEV

Post by KacperEEV »

it's funny and sad but I have to work on a laptop with integrated graphics which I selected in Rendering\Device as it was before the update. I also checked the multisampling option, but that didn't help. I will add that before the update I had 3 options to choose from in Rendering\Device, now there is only one.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Make sure you have no any program profile for zmodeler3.exe application in your video vendor tool like nVidia tool. ZModeler does not require any external settings to be applied, it should "see availability" of all video hardware on your laptop. I have a laptop with nVidia 1080 card and on-chip IntelGrpahics UHD600 (or something like this) - both are available in ZModeler to chose from and it runs fine on both of them.
KacperEEV

Post by KacperEEV »

I tried what you wrote but nothing helped. Is it possible to download the version before the update (3.2.1 if I remember correctly) and work on it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Sure.
https://www.zmodeler3.com/files/zmodeler321_x64.zip

May you show rendering device settings with a drop-list of available video hardware devices?
Also, what is your monitor configuration on these video devices? Do you use an external monitor plugged in DP or HDMI port?
KacperEEV

Post by KacperEEV »

I don't know if I understood you correctly, but this is how it looks in two versions. I don't use any external monitor, I didn't change the settings in the monitor, because I didn't need it. I activated license in version 3.2.1, imported the model and everything seems to work fine.

version 3.2.1

version 3.3.0

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hmm, strange enough. it should actually work fine in 3.3.0 with "multisample" enabled.
KacperEEV

Post by KacperEEV »

ye, it's weird. Anyway thanks for your help, luckily version 3.2.1 works fine.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

does your laptop has any video card other than builid-in Intel HD graphics? Are there any external Intel graphics tool that can adjust video hardware settings?

My Acer laptop has Intel HD and nVidia 1080 card. ZModeler 3.3.0 works fine on any of these cards I select for ZModeler, both with and without multisampling.
KacperEEV

Post by KacperEEV »

no, I only have the card I mentioned above, and I don't use any external graphic devices.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If you open "View->Messaging bar", is there anything upon startup?
KacperEEV

Post by KacperEEV »

no, the messaging bar is clear.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, I can't offer any solution as I can't reproduce this problem on my laptop.
The only way I see is to download Intel Graphics Control Panel for your Intel HD video and take a look whether there are some options or per-application profiles available to mess with. May be there are some features that could be toggled on/off for specific applications to make them work, I don't know.