License Key

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

AKK

License Key

Post by AKK »

I have been trying to verify my license key for over 12 hours, but it keeps saying failed over and over again. I've looked it up everywhere, done everything I can think of. It just won't work. Can someone please help me?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License Key

Post by Oleg »

trial license can not be installed and verified manually. Only automatic method will do this. Assign password 123456 onto your platform ID in web account and specify this password in ZModeler on "Account Setup" page. Press OK and restart ZModeler as Administrator.

Paid license can be validated manually, but this can only be done on latest build of ZModeler: 3.2.1.1195. Also, you should explicitly specify whether you use 32-bit or 64-bit version of ZModeler before you press "Validate" button in web account. Once you press Validate, you get a validation key for your license key. You can copy license key, copy&shift it into ZModeler (verification: Failed is correct at this step), copy validation key, copy&shift it too (Verification: revalidate in ... days should be shown). Press OK and restart ZModeler.

Post by Guest »

I am using paid, and I did all that but no matter what I do it says Verification failed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Post a screenshot of ZModeler's license window.
salos

Post by salos »

I am having the same issue, except the platform ID I purchased the license from is different than the one on my Zmodeler account. Is there a way to manually set the platform ID in my program?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You can not "set the ID". You can use the ID the program shows you in "License Information" window. If you have different ID in web account, remove wrong ID and add the correct one. If you have already activated paid license, it will get detached upon removal of bad ID, so you can activate it again for correct ID. Then you can install new license key in ZModeler (the key that will match your actual platform ID). Until you do so, ZModeler will not accept license key that was generated in web account for the different ID.

Platform IDs are not absolutely unique. If your ID is already used on someone's account, a message will appear - simply press "Add" button there.
salos

Post by salos »

I have removed the bad platform ID from my account so it is no longer on my list of platforms. There is only one platform ID now and that is the one I purchased the license on. But on my Zmodeler program, it still shows the old platform ID so I cannot even upload the new license. I've tried deleting and installing the program multiple times, restarting my laptop, logging in and out, and still the old platform ID is stuck on my account.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there is no "platform I purchased license from". License is bound to platform when you activate it. If your license was activated for the wrong ID, you can remove this ID from your web account. Your license will get detached. From this moment on, you can activate it again for correct platform ID (the one you actually see in ZModeler).

what is the platform ID ZModeler shows you in "License Information" ?