Door collision problem

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Simo_1882

Door collision problem

Post by Simo_1882 »

Hello everyone I have the problem that the ped passes me the door, or tried to take another collision from another car but was not successful, does anyone have a solution?
Attachments
Screenshot (604).png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Door collision problem

Post by Oleg »

this is chassis collision causing problems to its children. replace the chassis collision and check whether this makes any effect or not.
Simo_1882

Post by Simo_1882 »

Oleg wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:01 am this is chassis collision causing problems to its children. replace the chassis collision and check whether this makes any effect or not.
I tried to change the chassis collision but the result is always this. But on the right side of the car this does not happen
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

copy collision object from right door and mirror it. mind to mirror "geometry only" (e.g. on vertices level). you might need to use Modify\Flip on polygons of you get polygons flipped inside-out. recalculate normals too, this is important for geometry collision objects.
Simo_1882

Post by Simo_1882 »

Oleg wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:44 am copy collision object from right door and mirror it. mind to mirror "geometry only" (e.g. on vertices level). you might need to use Modify\Flip on polygons of you get polygons flipped inside-out. recalculate normals too, this is important for geometry collision objects.
It's not the same :cry:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it was a suggestion just for test. to find out whether issue is the door's collision or not. the same issue could be caused by chassis collision, or door's window collision (any problematic collision on "child -> this -> parent" chain can gave these symptoms).
Simo_1882

Post by Simo_1882 »

Oleg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:03 am it was a suggestion just for test. to find out whether issue is the door's collision or not. the same issue could be caused by chassis collision, or door's window collision (any problematic collision on "child -> this -> parent" chain can gave these symptoms).
I solved by changing the mannequins in cylinder