After Modification the Materials are not loaded automatically.

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

fabbromix

After Modification the Materials are not loaded automatically.

Post by fabbromix »

Dear Users,

I wanted to make some changes on a mod downloaded from the web on Addons DAF-XG-XG + 2021 (Thanks SCS-Blade-1974) because the Dummy (Photo-1) got stuck on the rear exhaust, so I decide to make a change to the Trlr_cables (Photo-2) moving it above.

Once everything is loaded I realize that Zmod I open the 4x2 frame does not load the Materials in the car (photo-3 I remember that on old Mods it loaded everything automatically) at this point I try to identify in the Mod where the DDS are has it assigned unfortunately I can't find any DDS to associate.

It has this point I would not know in the least where to find them and if there are associated DDS in game.

I decide to continue with the modification anyway, hoping that once the Mod is loaded again I will see everything as before the modification.

I go to Game and here's the surprise .... the frame and everything that made it up didn't load any material (Photo-5), while the Trlr_cables modified it (Photo-4).

I ask if any of you can help me understand how to load or possibly tell Mods where to look for the DDS assigned to it.

Photo:
-------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Harald-RS
Beginner

Re: After Modification the Materials are not loaded automatically.

Post by Harald-RS »

Did you also specify the DAF DLC as base or mod folder when importing.

Otherwise the Z-Mod can not find the materials.
Greetings
Harald
My System: PC Windows 11
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Harald-RS wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:51 am Did you also specify the DAF DLC as base or mod folder when importing.

Otherwise the Z-Mod can not find the materials.
Thanks for the reply.

I load everything from the same source folder (I was used to this in the past).
This Addons as you well know I hook it to the original DAF 2021 Mod.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Check the sticky "Paths and folders guide" topic. I feel like you've messed folders setup on some step and got a misconfigured PMD files. The "base scs" and "mod folder" should not be the same.
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Oleg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:03 am Check the sticky "Paths and folders guide" topic. I feel like you've messed folders setup on some step and got a misconfigured PMD files. The "base scs" and "mod folder" should not be the same.
Oleg, you are absolutely right I had to load the materials from both the DAF-DLC mod and DAF-Addons and load the new Mat / Tobj in their respective source folders.