export

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Daniel1985DK

export

Post by Daniel1985DK »

Hello Oleg.

I've got a problem with my front bumper after export.
The only thing i did was moving the license plate dummy, and then exported the bumper. but is not visible in-game.
I've already exported with 3 uv channels, but that doesn't solve the problem.
i've found out if i'm using my costum paintjob it doesnt work, but if im using a simple color everything fine.
Do you know what the problem is?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: export

Post by Oleg »

locate a "truckpaint" material in materials browser and ensure its "DETAIL2" texture slot refers to "Manual UV Mapping #3".
Also, I'm not quite sure what exactly is not visible in game? the entire front bumper or some fragments (some materials only)? or a license plate is not mounted where it's supposed to appear?
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

it is the whole bumper that not shows up in-game.

https://ibb.co/fQBT9mq

it seems like this doesn't work Oleg, anything ells i can try?
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

okay, when i'm exporting the bumper with the right settings, and re-import right after it jumped back to mapping uv #1, and not #3 as it should..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

check properties of the object itself. Mesh->Vertices->Format. Set "UV channels there to 3".
Then use Surface\Mapping\Copy UV tool to copy UV mapping to channel #3.

The game can cheat shader and supply UV#1 instead of UV#2 and UV#3 into the shader code. ZModeler can't do this and can't export geometry that does this trick. If shader requires 3 UV channels, your geometry object must have 3 channels too.
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

i did that already in properties, but i'm not sure how to use the copy UV tool? can you tell me how?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Use "Copy UV" tool. Expand its options (resize options window if needed) and make settings like below.
Then click on an object to specify where to read UV from and click on the object again (to specify where to copy UV).
copy_uv1_to_uv2_3.jpg
copy_uv1_to_uv2_3.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 4339 times
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

thanks alot Oleg, it worked
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

well Oleg, it doesn't work anymore. I did everything you told me to do, but it doesn't work. anything ells i can try?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Daniel1985DK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:02 am well Oleg, it doesn't work anymore. I did everything you told me to do, but it doesn't work. anything ells i can try?
sorry, what? can you give more details on what is wrong and what doesn't work anymore?

License key requires to be re-validated from time to time. If your platform ID does not log in to your web account automatically (you can see "Last activity" record on "My computers" page for your ID), then you should supply fresh validation key manually. Do so by pressing Validate button in web account, copying license key there and "Shifting" it into ZModeler's license window.
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

the problem is after i export thing, they are not visible in-game. and it's only a problem when i export things with *truckpaint* specified in mat names. Did all steps you told me to, but it ain't working.

i've checked the license, and everything is setup correct
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the export issue is not related to license. when something is wrong with license, the export is interrupt and 0Kb file is created.

You should check for any warnings or errors in game.log.txt file located in My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator folder. It might give a hint to the problem, as the game's log is usually very detailed.
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

gamelog doesn't give me anything
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

just a quick test, put contents of any original game's .mat file into your .mat file (mind to pick the one with .truckpaint).

In general, the game should not drop rendering of geometry with no errors or warnings in a log. I suppose something could be related to material itself, or may be a texture(s) you have? Have you created UV-mapping for the model? May be the top-left pixel of texture is transparent and geometry with no mapping becomes transparent (usage of different texture for testing could give the answer).
Daniel1985DK

Post by Daniel1985DK »

first picture is before export

https://ibb.co/RvXqHfV

second picture is right after export, when re-import and the settings is not the same

https://ibb.co/vdkG08f

I hope you don't mind, but i send you the z3d in a private message
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I guess your DETAIL2 texture slot is completely ignored as it has no texture on it. The exported .mat file has no "texture_paintjob" slot too (I assume ETS 1.42 supports such a setup with no paintjob texture reference there).
Rene81

Post by Rene81 »

Hello, I have a question because I don't know what to do.
Since I installed the zmod on my new PC, I can no longer mod parts related to (Paint/Metallic).
What am I doing wrong all of a sudden or where could the problem lie?

at metallic

with normal paint

Thanks in advance