Combine the veheicle model and arch to make only one "car"

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
holmogigi

Combine the veheicle model and arch to make only one "car"

Post by holmogigi »

Ok so i have these files(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png) and i want evoz.yft and evoz_arch_1a.yft combine, i export it and when i spawn it in gta the car dosent spawn. I am also newer and I would like a little help, my discord is:holmogigi#8791.

Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Combine the veheicle model and arch to make only one "car"

Post by Oleg »

You can't combine files in game. you can combine contents of these files into single scene and export as one file.
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

I did that, i named it bodyshell and export it as one file but it didn't spawn in game
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

If you want me to explain better(or join vc), you can add me on discord :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

holmogigi wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:26 am I did that, i named it bodyshell and export it as one file but it didn't spawn in game
what didn't spawn in game?
try import/export of vehicle with no modification; put it in a mod and ensure the model appears in game. only if this quick test works fine in game, make your own modification in game (add part).

also, you should not add part "bodyshell" if this part is already available. You can group objects into one object if needed. or attach one object to another if vertices count allows it (64K vertices limit per one object should not be hit).
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

Ok so when i delete the bodyshell from the model export it and spawn the car in game() it's working, but when i attach the bodyshell to the model the car wont spawn in game. i tried to put the bodyshell in bumper_f like this ( , the car wont spawn and idk how to check the verices...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no, bodyshell should not be located inside any hierarchy element (bumper etc), it should be a child of chassis object.

also, I can see a bounding lines for some objects, so some of geometries in your scene are group-objects. It is quite likely this is the "chassis" object. You can ungroup it and group again with your "bodyshell" parts, so you have "chassis" in hierarchy made of all the geometries you need.
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

you lost me, I don't understand anything :D could you explain that to "a fool"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

use "dismiss" button on "chassis" object. this will extract components for L0 level of detail, L1 (if avail) and so on. pick the component for L0 and use "Ungroup" on it. you will get several objects that actually together make the L0 component of chassis. pick all these objects and the one you used for "bodyshell" in hierarchy view and press "Group". This is now one object. use this object as L0 component for chassis. Creation of compound (made of components) objects was shown in different youtube videos, it's better to watch it once than type in words.
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

I also watched tutorials, but nothing, thank you for your effort to try to explain to me but the problem is with me and I don't understand .... THX
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

NVM I tried last time, and I managed to do it, now my question is why are not the wheels? (
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

wheels can only use vehicle_tire shader. make sure your wheels use this shader.
holmogigi

Post by holmogigi »

No no no is something different if you could come in a voicechat, to show you it would be easier:D