GTA5: Cloth-simulated meshes

Forum for discussing title-page news and events around ZModeler

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

quechus13
Beginner

Re: GTA5: Cloth-simulated meshes

Post by quechus13 »

Hi!
I got cloth working on a ped now, but now the problem is that, the ped no longer has ragdoll physics ingame.
Is there something I did wrong? Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

how do you test ragdoll physics in game? the .yft file with cloth does not contain physics data if I'm not mistaken.

Have you used original .yft file or an exported one? does your scene hierarchy include collision volumes for cloth? if it does, remove these collisions and make an export of .yft file again - does it solve the problem?
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

Oleg wrote:how do you test ragdoll physics in game? the .yft file with cloth does not contain physics data if I'm not mistaken.

Have you used original .yft file or an exported one? does your scene hierarchy include collision volumes for cloth? if it does, remove these collisions and make an export of .yft file again - does it solve the problem?

well i removed the COL files and the ragdoll came back working fine.
Is there a way to make proper COL files?

Also the cloth seems to behave weird like the wind makes the cloth go the opposite way when riding a bike or running
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, you should remove COLs before exporting .yft file (in general, you do not need to alter .yft file, editing .ydd and .yld is enough).

Concerning the wind effect direction when riding a bike or a car, it seems to be somehow coded in game, I have very the same issue on just every edited ped and this direction does work properly from time to time: for example if player falls from the bike, the next time you pick it up for a ride, wind will work fine; if you jump off and catch it up for a third ride, wind effect will be wrong again.

I've tried to check the same scenario on original non-edited models (cs_bride and Michael's suit) and noticed the same bug.

P.S. this seems like the game has some script-related issue, as when original model with cloth jumps to the bike, the cloth physics seems to be reset (it is visible when cloth straightens for a moment before starts to simulate cloth physics again).
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

Oleg wrote:yes, you should remove COLs before exporting .yft file (in general, you do not need to alter .yft file, editing .ydd and .yld is enough).

Concerning the wind effect direction when riding a bike or a car, it seems to be somehow coded in game, I have very the same issue on just every edited ped and this direction does work properly from time to time: for example if player falls from the bike, the next time you pick it up for a ride, wind will work fine; if you jump off and catch it up for a third ride, wind effect will be wrong again.

I've tried to check the same scenario on original non-edited models (cs_bride and Michael's suit) and noticed the same bug.

P.S. this seems like the game has some script-related issue, as when original model with cloth jumps to the bike, the cloth physics seems to be reset (it is visible when cloth straightens for a moment before starts to simulate cloth physics again).
Well at least cloth works now haha, have you thought about implementing fur? like the dog has, I think it was the pug that has that shader.
Would be awesome to experiment with that.
GE16

Post by GE16 »

hi im pretty new to this thing so i upload the yft of the flags and move it to the pole, then when i export it the flags move did i do something wrong, or someone can give more indepth tutorial of this please :D