ZModeler3 suggestions/wishes

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

Yazu

Post by Yazu »

mmm... oleg, u can go mad at me if u wanted to cuz im asking a question that i think might be stupid... i havent read the whole stuffs in this topic. but... will zmodeler 3 have animations and supports to reflect objects around when animation is played on the program? well... there goes my stupid question... i'm too foolish...
Another R34 Lover? Maybe? :|
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup, it will.
Yazu

Post by Yazu »

it will?! :O
omg... EPIC!
Cessna tomtom

Post by Cessna tomtom »

Will it support Rendering animation? For example: You could map some animation out and then clcik the play button and whatch your model perform that animation?

Also i would think some regular rendering would be great too if it was to be implemented into Zmodeler 3

Another cool idea could be some more 'Standardised models' for example.. In 3ds max you can make a teapot and i think you can do lettering too.. Especially lettering would be a cool addition in Zmodeler three, and it would be great if you could add to it yourself; more fonts, etc etc
But it would defonatley take less less time to make writing for specific models.

Another thing, will it be FULLY writen in C++?

Could you give a list what you plan to add which has not been mentioned?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup, the Play button will be and animation will perform in viewports.

regular rendering - doubtful.
some extended primitives models - probably these could be added, but not a "standardised models". Probably, some sort of your own "prefabricated models" loaded from .z3d files, but the "File\Merge" does exactly the same...

the lettering is a pretty desireable thing, but I haven't research any bit of a subject yet.

pure C++, nothing else :(. So, external scripting or any other language addons are impossible.

nope, there is no such a list. At the moment I'm still improving the UI, then an overal workflow improvement will be made.

I haven't mentioned a "compound object" uproach thing. It's still a subject to research, but I'm planning to make an objects to be more complex and hold different meshes. For example, the only object "door" will be instead of a set of dummy, LOD0, LOD1, LOD2 models, Ok/Damage models for these lods and Collision models. Thus, you can switch object to any desireable state, or switch the entire scene to to desireable state (e.g. "show LOD1 damaged version" or "Show collision for LOD0").

Also, a Drag and Drop support will be widely available. For example, it's possible to drag textures from textures browser to materials editor; the same thing will be with objects browser and other widows where obejct reference applies; for example, there will be list of object's materials in use and you could be able to drag materials from materials editor onto this list to perform quick "replace usage of this material with that one".
Yazu

Post by Yazu »

damn... that's nice! another nice work! hope my dad permits me to buy ZModeler 3 when it comes out D:
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

It will able to save gta san andreas models with fully supported omni lights and UV Animation?
Yazu

Post by Yazu »

wait yeah! all we need is to save gta lights data! so we dont need 3dsmax tool to put neons on our cars!
and ofc we need shadow rendering too :\
2 of those are my most important wish. it's boring to make our own flat mesh as shadow and i cant even make neon datas on 3dsmax cuz i cant use 3dsmax...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I can't confirm that old filters will be hardly improved. e.g. I'm not sure that gta:sa filter will get lights support.

also, an UV-mapping animation was not planned yet.
Jur1z

Post by Jur1z »

Just found this topic http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=4935
aRLaN6 wrote:How can I weld objects together (to achieve a smooth surface) without the UV Mapping getting all messed up?
I want to say this is possible in 3ds Max.
And did it will be possible in Zm3?

Also text with fonts is realy easy to do it in 3ds Max, all windows fonts are supported even downloaded fonts works. see Attached screens

And also did Zm3 will suport rendering?
Attachments
Rendering
Rendering
Fonts with 3ds Max
Fonts with 3ds Max
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Jur1z wrote:
aRLaN6 wrote:How can I weld objects together (to achieve a smooth surface) without the UV Mapping getting all messed up?
I want to say this is possible in 3ds Max.
3dsMax uses it's own smoothness information apart from mesh. (see Smoothing group IDs). It's for historical reasons there and it's suitable for their type of rendering. It's not suitable for high-performance DirectX rendering in games even thought it's still possible to do this "smoothing-group" rendering with DirectX with a seriouse performance loss. still it's a subject to perform "detach" for export on most of export filters.
Yazu

Post by Yazu »

aww man oleg... :(. guess i need to figure out how to make neons by myself... might take 1 month... or more... T.T

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote:I can't confirm that old filters will be hardly improved. e.g. I'm not sure that gta:sa filter will get lights support.

also, an UV-mapping animation was not planned yet.
Firstly, GTA SA will never die, because people need 3d programs to modding it (GTA SA has very good environment for that).
We just need omni, or, if You can't do that, let ZModeler save raw omni light to dff,
(it give some way to edit it in RWAnalyze).
You can always base your scripts on dexx or deniska 3ds max script :wink:.
Jur1z

Post by Jur1z »

Yes gta:sa filter with lights support would be really awesome
TheXDS

Post by TheXDS »

well... if it's not too much, I want to see:
1: Someting like "Zanoza Studio", a set of programs instead of a complex one. For example, a texture/EnvMap generator, a photo-realistic rendering tool, the "Modeler", a Windows plugin to preview the scene without opening a file, just like JPG does.

2: I like the interface because it's pretty easy to use, but it looks old, and with some windows themes it gets F-ed up. would be good to use Windows themes and colors for the GUI.

3: Zmodeler has guides, but lacks of rulers and guidelines. I'm sure that it will be one of the best addons to Zmodeler3 to include them. Someting like a dynamic ruler editable in the nodes mode.
Yazu

Post by Yazu »

I agree with Jur1z... and Guest... SA Needed a lights support filter. so i can make neons which was not assigned as vehiclelights128... my first neon car was a R34 V-spec green neon from gta-worldmods.de...
Cessna tomtom

Post by Cessna tomtom »

Any news oleg?

Also can you give absolute conformation that Zmod 3 will contain Animation, yes i know its a hard subject but.. what is the current status?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no news yet.
Cessna tomtom

Post by Cessna tomtom »

How far along are you? is it still on paper or is there somethig to show us :D

Any screenshots?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's just in my mind only. not even on paper :)
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

lol, Einstein
Cessna tomtom

Re: ZModeler3 suggestions/wishes

Post by Cessna tomtom »

Hi oleg, i love the new website theme.. Maybe this could be an inspiration for Zmodeler 3 GUI?? Would be cool i think
Gops

Post by Gops »

Is there any chance to see Mafia 2 filter in new version of program? Are you going to do something with this game?)
rustuz
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Mafia2 is very poorly decoded. As far as I know it contains lots of animation stuff very sensitive to geometry mesh. Literally, mafia2 can't be "geometry-moddable" until it's "animation-moddable".
Gops

Post by Gops »

very sad :( I think the game engine is very good, and physics of cars so realistic.. I thought that GTA 4 was very poorly decoded, but you're done!) will you try something with mafia :) ?
Oleg wrote:sure, but much later than now.
it's great, thank you! :P wish you success in every business))
Last edited by Gops on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rustuz