ZModeler3 suggestions/wishes

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

Murph90

Post by Murph90 »

ok
i get it
so just zoom in far then move the view using the hand icon to get it in place.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I personally do it with keys and mouse button combinations. yes you can spin the view 90 degreese to look from "the side", then move with hand icon to look exactly on an object you need and then spin view back 90 degreese to look "in face" of an object. :)
Murph90

Post by Murph90 »

yeh i have keys too but most keys are for different for different people
so, avoiding confusion

another idea:
being able to totally full screen a view but still have normal functions, not visible but working
esecially for small screen sizes like mine (1024 x 576)
svander

Post by svander »

now that GT5 was just released, if it is possible, it would be awesome to have a import filter for it..
or for atleast GT4, lots of cars from gt4 have been stolen but anyone said how.. like the izusu at GTA Inside, its stolen from GT4

Post by Guest »

I'd like to see an option to detach objects while in UV mapper. I mean, I select a few polygons in the mapper, and they would get detached from the object - not only in the mapper.

also, a "ruler" tool for polymodeling - you set 2 verts, and those would set a "minimum" and "maximum" height on the plane you are using. Also, a "create-poly-circle" tool would be nice. You set the first vert, then a second one, and all the rest would "come" out of the first one, with the same distance.
kowally

Post by kowally »

i want a nfsu2 filer for zmodeler3
Chong McBong

Post by Chong McBong »

i would just like to say, "i love zmodeler as it is", thanks Oleg :D
the GUI is ok, i like its simplicity and speed of loading, plus i still use windows 98 style theme on all my pcs as its so much quicker, so zmod matches nicely..

i did see talk of a new icon, but i like the orange and purple, it stands out amongst everything else, and i have made purple and orange DFF icons, so i can see whats what...

im not saying you shouldn't change anything, but its pretty good at the moment, it just needs a few more features...

for zmod 3, i would like some bugs fixed, and proper dual monitor support (its extra-wobbly at the moment)

also, the ability to rotate blueprints using the "Image>Edit layout" menu would be a really nice addition.

i saw a mention of removing "Selected Mode" on the previous page - how would that work? selected mode is a very useful tool, but i suppose an option to remember a selection of points would be better, so selected mode could be removed...

basically, as long as i can use all my shortcut keys, its all good :)
(believe me, i have LOTS of shortcut keys, i play zMod like a crazy organ late at night when i am building something...)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I think "selected mode" will work like current "auto" "selected mode". or like in most of 3d modelling app. you click and drag to select something (with right mouse button as usual) and you don't need to enable "selected mode" button - if you have something selected, you click on selected item for an operation, the operation will apply to all selected items. if you click on non-selected item, selection will discard and the item you've clicked on will become a target for an operation.

currently, "auto" "selected mode" deals with left moust button and have certain limitations in this uproach. For example, it stuck when you try to Create\Surface\Strip in this mode.

I can't say it's a final consideraion, I'll make it work this way and check whether it gives a better workflow actually.
Cessna tomtom

Post by Cessna tomtom »

Will Zmodeler 3 be based on C++?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes
komy88

Post by komy88 »

is it possible to export ovl. file from rollercoaster tycon 3
I found on internet many tutorials how to import in game model from max but I dont want to play game, I want to create fast in game model and then export to z moderer or 3ds max do little modifications and do nice render it is much faster then draw whole coaster :D
Can anybody help me to export these models ?
tnx
Cessna tomtom

Post by Cessna tomtom »

Have you got any further into researching Animation for zmod 3? or zmod2
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

not yet.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Small suggestion for Zmod3 or even for Zmod2 update (would be much appreciated). Could you make an option to move materials up or down? it's very annoying to create a new material at the end of the materials editor just because the vehglass material (for example) is at the top of the list and as you know the best position for it is in the bottom of that list.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

sure.
Chong McBong

Post by Chong McBong »

Oleg wrote:sure.
it would also be very useful to have a similar function for moving things up and down in the hierarchy, as zmod often just drops them to the bottom and makes them vanish when they are moved....

some buttons at the bottom of the hierarchy would be most useful :)

the materials movement buttons would also be useful, as zmod seems to mix up materials and textures if a material is deleted from near the top of the list.. everything below it takes on wrong materials properties, and it takes so long to set them all up again :(
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Another usability request: The auto-expand feature for the group folders of the scene node browser is very handy, when dragging items. But sometimes, I'm too slow, and folders open I don't want to. Which is quite confusing.

It would be nice if the timeout, for triggering this, could be an option in the settings. For lamos like me. Or did I just miss it, and it is all there?
komy88

Post by komy88 »

komy88 wrote:is it possible to export ovl. file from rollercoaster tycon 3
I found on internet many tutorials how to import in game model from max but I dont want to play game, I want to create fast in game model and then export to z moderer or 3ds max do little modifications and do nice render it is much faster then draw whole coaster :D
Can anybody help me to export these models ?
tnx
:D anybody :D
Cessna tomtom

Post by Cessna tomtom »

Oleg, can you confirm animation is going to happen? Also will it firt be seen in Zmodeler 3 or do you plan to have it in a late Zmodeler2?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

sorry, I can't confirm it yet, since other "simple improvements" take soooo much time. :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Reinhard, tree control (objects browser) was completely re-written. it will be very different. concerning your request: auto-expand while dragging will only occure if you hover mouse over "+" sign, otherwise, nothing will happen.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

I see. Thanks.
Chong McBong

Post by Chong McBong »

Oleg wrote:Reinhard, tree control (objects browser) was completely re-written. it will be very different. concerning your request: auto-expand while dragging will only occure if you hover mouse over "+" sign, otherwise, nothing will happen.
that sounds like a good addition :)

will our zMod 2 licence transfer over to zMod3, or do we need to buy that separately?
also, how much is it going to be?

also, if you need any help beta testing 3, i would be happy to help :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

most of them will be converted. zmod3 lincenses will be time-limited.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:most of them will be converted. zmod3 lincenses will be time-limited.
I hope we can still use the tool after the license expires.