FlatOut Ultimate Carnage Filter

Flat Out Editing questions

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Heddly

FlatOut Ultimate Carnage Filter

Post by Heddly »

I see the old topics are gone now, I was searching for a reply from you about creating a filter for the FlatOut Ultimate Carnage game and why you decided not to create the filter?

Do you recall what the problem was? Was it an issue with the new .BGM format? Could someone use the Zmodeler 2 SDK to create a filter for the game?

This would help with a forum question from BugBear Games Community : http://community.bugbeargames.com/threa ... t-2.14251/

Thank You for your time and take care. )
If you ain't never been scared, just a little, then you ain't goin' as fast as you can.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: FlatOut Ultimate Carnage Filter

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler2 project is abandoned and I can't make any updates or fixes to this product.

Also, it runs on a different geometry and rendering core, so it is not possible to port geometry conversion plugins (filters) from ZModeler2 to ZModeler3. Those that are the same (.3ds, .obj) were actually written from scratch for ZModeler3.
Heddly

Post by Heddly »

I wasn't asking for an update for Zmod 3. I just wondered if using the Zmodeler 2 SDK could be used to import FlatOut Ultimate Carnage .BGM models. I know you don't have to time to spend on FO2 FlatOut.

Thank You Oleg.
If you ain't never been scared, just a little, then you ain't goin' as fast as you can.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I don't know much on FO UC model format, may be just small updates would be enough. unfortunately, ZModeler2 sdk can be used on a very old visual studio 5 (or 6) environment and will not work modern visual studio 2018, 19 etc.
RoadTrain

Post by RoadTrain »

As far as I remember FO UC .bgm format is quite different from previous versions.
For example, vertex coordinates are stored in short int form rather than floats.