Bug while exporting to .obj

Report about ZModeler2 bugs here and only here.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

02lucy666

Bug while exporting to .obj

Post by 02lucy666 »

im having some major issues with exporting to .obj:

When i am working on a mesh, every Vert i place gets detached from the leftover model after exporting it as .obj

I do have disabled any "splitting" via export and it still occurs. it makes working on models so atrociously hard... (and i exported each object of that model in individual files)

EDIT: Zmod 2.2.6
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Bug while exporting to .obj

Post by Oleg »

this might be caused by uv-mapping. other than that, most of .obj file coming from 3dsmax and maya suffer a problem of each (and every) polygon using it's own vertices, even if vertices match perfectly on neighbors.
02lucy666

Post by 02lucy666 »

cheers for the reply!
it was indeed exported out of a max file, and im only using max for certain tools, thats it, and i wanted to actually fix the proportions of that model in zmod, and once it actually goes back into exporting it, it just breaks everything i did via exporting (due to the zmod AI calculating tris to quads wrong)

but eh, its an old program after all
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can weld vertices back to normal by selecting all vertices, then expand options of modify\Weld tool and toggle "multiple targets" option. then apply "Weld" tool to selected vertices.