ZModeler2 license price lowered to $22 USD

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

ZModeler2 license price lowered to $22 USD

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler2 license price is now $22 USD.

Since ZModeler3 is now available for download and license purchase for 3 is open, ZModeler2 license price was lowered to $22 USD. This also terminates an extra bounty offer for your orders of ZModeler2 license, so starting from now on, any order of ZModeler2 license will not give any bounty for ZModeler3.

I'm reminding that ZModeler2 orders placed since January 2011 upto September 2012 will give you an extra bounty ZModeler3 license for free. This was an extra offer during ZModeler3 development period.
upretirementman

Re: ZModeler2 license price lowered to $22 USD

Post by upretirementman »

Since the date of the free copy of ZModeler3 is past that was to be included in the purchase of ZModeler2, what is the price now of ZModeler3 license by itself?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You can see a pricing tier in ZModeler3 account. That's where you get your trial license. The average is $3 USD/month.
upretirementman

Perhaps you could reconsider your marketing plan for this product. Why limit your users to rich folks when there are thousands out there who are just as talented or could be within a short time? Consider the free 3D application Blender, which is open source, and available to everyone, and now is currently adding new features twice a year. They're on version 2.64.9 already, with version 2.65 due out shortly. It's available for all platforms PC, MAC, and others. Blender makes their money on products in house like tutorials, books, etc. Check out their website and even download a copy for yourself and try it out.
RoadTrain

Post by RoadTrain »

upretirementman wrote:Perhaps you could reconsider your marketing plan for this product. Why limit your users to rich folks when there are thousands out there who are just as talented or could be within a short time? Consider the free 3D application Blender, which is open source, and available to everyone, and now is currently adding new features twice a year. They're on version 2.64.9 already, with version 2.65 due out shortly. It's available for all platforms PC, MAC, and others. Blender makes their money on products in house like tutorials, books, etc. Check out their website and even download a copy for yourself and try it out.
I never thought it would make me rich if I could spend $3 a month on what I really wanted.

Note that Oleg is the only one who develops ZM and he spends much time on the development.
You can't really compare ZM with Blender.
upretirementman

Did you know that there are 216 Blender Users Groups all over the world, each meeting at least once a month to show and tell what they're doing with Blender the 3D application. Check out http://www.meetup.com/Blender/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

So what the actual question is about? Will zmodeler be free? No, it will not. If I make it a freeware, the entire project will die within a couple of months after I run out of funds. When will the project run out of funds? I suspect, immadeiately. Noone beside me will be doing any addons or research and create filters for ZModeler.

Well, I'm happy the world has a free 3D application like Blender in hands, it's really impressive for such a work to be freeware product, so the spot of "free 3d modelling app" is taken by Blender, no doubt.

Like RoadTrain said above, $3 usd per month is more than affordable for the most of modders.
RoadTrain

Post by RoadTrain »

upretirementman wrote:Did you know that there are 216 Blender Users Groups all over the world, each meeting at least once a month to show and tell what they're doing with Blender the 3D application. Check out http://www.meetup.com/Blender/
The problem is that ZM is a very specific game-oriented product. Game research is a difficult process and there are not many people who's able to do it and even less who will do it for free.

That's the point: the more specific is the field, the costlier is the software.
emad-tvk

Post by emad-tvk »

upretirementman wrote:Did you know that there are 216 Blender Users Groups all over the world, each meeting at least once a month to show and tell what they're doing with Blender the 3D application. Check out http://www.meetup.com/Blender/
OMG! you are comparing Z Modeler with blender ?!!

I didn't know any thing about blender, after you told about it, I download it and test,

Z Modeler and Blender really are not comparable . Z Modeler is more easiest to work, less bugs, supports many 3d formats and many other excellencies from Blender.

I my self really prefer Z Modeler also if it costs more than it is right now!

this is really better that Blender and Also 3DS Max!

do not joke here please! any body knows Blender and Z Modeler even are not comparable!

thanks for the joke upretirementman, my bro

You live in present, future is mine...
www.GEdit.ir
upretirementman

Just so you know, I do run Windows7 on my Mac Mini and do have ZModeler 1 still running too.It does a good job displaying game vehicles, such as the ones from 4x4 Evolution 2 with the .smf format, reading and writing. I also have made import/export plugins of same .smf file format for Blender 2.49.2 version on Windows7 and Mac OS X for 32 bit machines. I do have 4x4 Evolution2 running on my Mac Mini in Mac OS X.

I have the source code for the new version of 4x4 Revolution and have compiled it with Windows7 and now have the editor running for Revolution too, having none before available. I like the layouts for ZModeler3 and looks to be a great version! Congratulations for a great job!
emad-tvk

Post by emad-tvk »

sorry to ask this here oleg, how much cost is zm 3 license ?

You live in present, future is mine...
www.GEdit.ir
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1 month = 4,50 USD;
12 months = 39,- USD;
24 months = 70,- USD;