ZModeler v2.2.6 (08 November 2011)

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

ZModeler v2.2.6 (08 November 2011)

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler v2.2.6 Build 992 release notes.

Requirements.
This version have been compiled with the latest DirectX 9 version available, so your current system might not match system requirements of ZModeler. You should upgrade or download and update you DirectX installation (DirectX 9.0c June 2010 Redist)
(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109) and additionally, the following package should be installed:
https://www.microsoft.com/download/en/d ... x?id=26347

You should have the whole set of Visual Studio 2005 Redistributive packages installed. These are optional components and might be missing on your system, so make sure to install all of them:

VC 2005 Redistributive (2006.04.10)
VC 2005 Redistributive SP1 (2007.08.27)
VC 2005 Redistributive SP1 ATL (2010.09.20)
VC 2005 Redistributive SP1 MFC (2011.06.07)

Installing these packs is a must if you get an error at startup:

Code: Select all

The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix the problem...

Updates:
This version extends support of filters with the same file extension to File\Export feature too. You should note, that exporting with specific filter type that can conflict with another filter (e.g. TestDriveUnlimited2 filter imports/export the same files as TestDriveUnlimited1 filter) should be performed from File\Export dialog box. Do not use drop-down menus next to Import/Export buttons in a main toolbar for such a files.

Test Drive Unlimited2 filter
This version includes updated version of TDU2 filter that can export models now. Refer to according filter guide thread for more details:
https://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=5375
Reinhard
Beginner

Re: ZModeler v2.2.6 (08 November 2011)

Post by Reinhard »

I made 2 installments of 2.2.6: A full fresh download, and an upgrade of 2.2.5 (ZMAutoUpdate).

The upgraded version fails to import 18wos PMG (no files found, and PMG not listed in available file types).

Copying the ".../Filters/ConvoyPMG.zmf" from the full download did solve the problem. Prior to that, the files where different, as a quick hex compare revealed. So I guess that the auto-update of the PMG filter file simply failed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Fixed. It should be Ok now.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Oleg, is it by intent that this PMG filter merges all meshes in the same object directory, whilst import, if these have no name? For several unnamed dummies I got with the old filter, now only a single one is left in each folder. Dummies which have a name applied are still left separated, at least a quick look let me think so.

Edit: a picture to make it more clear:
This is both an import of the same /prefab/tradeaux_warehouse/tradeaux.pmg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, it is intended; you can untick "Merge Models" in Import dialog box to leave objects separated by materials like in 2.2.5.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Fine, thanks, didn't saw that.

Hey, the initial "Origin" setting is fixed. Nice. How often I forget to set it in the first run. :D
xiorxorn

Post by xiorxorn »

Hi Oleg,

I just download the new v2.2.6 build992 and something don't work to me.
I have no texture Service.
The TexturesService.zms is present in the Services directory(216KB)
But
no texture tool in bar
no "services" in settings box
I can't load textures in materials
When i try to load an image in the background of a view, i read an error : "Can't obtain textures service. file:backImageLayer.cpp line:305"

Don't know how to solve this problem
My OS is Vista
I try two way to install the v2.2.6 (AutoUpdate and normal download)-> same conclusion

Thanks for reading
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

xiorxorn

Post by xiorxorn »

It works fine with that.

Thank you very much
ajayextreme09

Post by ajayextreme09 »

@ Oleg

is it 100% working export filter for TDU2 ?? i cant belive

Thank you very much

so will you make a simple car mod which shows us how to convert cars for TDU2

add it into you sample download list
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Nope, I'm not a modder or 3d artist. I personally do not convert any 3D formats. I just import stock model and export it. If it works fine, I assume that "any" 3D scene can be adjusted properly and converted. :wink:
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

I keep getting error when opening Zmodeler226.
I installed everything needed, 224 worked well, except using the mouse in Perspective mode.
But this version won't open, error.

Vista Home x64, all DX are up to date, vredit thingy 2008 installed.
Framenetwork is the latest version, and directx_jun2010_redist is installed.
No, I keep getting that error.

Do you really need to have each version more required programs? :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Murrchachosa wrote:I keep getting error when opening Zmodeler226.
I installed everything needed, 224 worked well, except using the mouse in Perspective mode.
vcredist_x86 installed, right? The one with publishing date June'11?
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=26347
Murrchachosa wrote:Do you really need to have each version more required programs? :(
It's not me, sorry. Microsoft publishes updates that AutoUpdate thing installs on my PC. And then, eventually, any build of ZModeler becomes affected. I've noticed this first time with ZModeler 2.2.5 and didn't installed any updates that would affect builds since then (just to avoid this thing with reidist and other stuff needed).

But I'm developing ZModeler3 on the same PC and I had to install the latest updates to be sure that it's up-to-date-safe. :) I didn't intended to make ZModeler2 updates, but TDU2 did required it.

In fact, it's possible to make a bigger install package and supply all required libraries next to ZModeler, so it can surely start (I do think that ZModeler3 will be shipped this kind of fullness).
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

Oleg wrote:
Murrchachosa wrote:I keep getting error when opening Zmodeler226.
vcredist_x86 installed, right? The one with publishing date June'11?
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=26347
Murrchachosa wrote:Do you really need to have each version more required programs? :(
It's not me, sorry. Microsoft publishes updates that AutoUpdate thing installs on my PC. And then, eventually, any build of ZModeler becomes affected. I've noticed this first time with ZModeler 2.2.5 and didn't installed any updates that would affect builds since then (just to avoid this thing with reidist and other stuff needed).

But I'm developing ZModeler3 on the same PC and I had to install the latest updates to be sure that it's up-to-date-safe. :) I didn't intended to make ZModeler2 updates, but TDU2 did required it.

In fact, it's possible to make a bigger install package and supply all required libraries next to ZModeler, so it can surely start (I do think that ZModeler3 will be shipped this kind of fullness).
Ah ok, it's all clear now.
Sorry about that.

Yes, I installed the link you gave, that vcredist_x86 is installed.
I installed it 3 times, it's still not working.

Does it needs other Framenetwork version installed?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, it doesn't need any framework libs at all.

Zmod is made with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005; The following updates were applied, but I got no idea which "redist package" they are coming with:

Code: Select all

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB2251481)   
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB2465367)   
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB2538218)   
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB2548826)   
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB971090)   
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU (KB973673)   
:?

DirectX 9 June 2010 update is required for textures plugin to work too.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Out of curiosity, I just upgraded an old Zmodeler installation in my Win 7 notebook.

Got the texture service problem also and tried the DirectX end-user redistributable, hence:
The installer extracted a bunch of files, but then died, silently, without updating anything.

After a while, I noticed that the page quoted above links also to a "websetup" version of the runtime package, which did the trick for me.

So if the package doesn't properly install on anyones system, go to the microsoft-page and scroll down to "Additional information". Point 4 of the list has the link to the other version.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Once you've unpacked files, you should run dxsetup.exe manually.
GTARandom

Post by GTARandom »

Oleg , will you fix WFT completely for IV?

I want to create map objects with fragments.

And how are corona powers added?
Sleepy93HUN

Post by Sleepy93HUN »

hello all!

my zmodeler always has crash when i try export a car to wft ...

i made the hierarchy ... and materials ...
so they are good
the dummies are good so i don't know why crashes the zmodeler...

please help ! :)

has gtaiv import/export script any bugs?

i tried to export all version of zmodeler which can export to wft ... but all versions crashes ... so ?
could somebody help?

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I just downloaded and tried version 226 and am getting this error message.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler226\ZModeler2.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please
see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I installed vcredist_x86.exe, vcredist_x64.EXE & directx_Jun2010_redist.exe. I rebooted and still get the same error message. I have windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Do you have any suggestions on how to get it to work for me. Version 225 works fine, just not V226. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks

John
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Oops, I made the post above. I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. Now I can attach a screen shot of the error message window.

Help Please.

Thanks
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

I installed vcredist_x86.exe, vcredist_x64.EXE & directx_Jun2010_redist.exe. I rebooted and still get the same error message. I have windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Do you have any suggestions on how to get it to work for me. Version 225 works fine, just not V226. I don't know what else to do.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

run windows update and make sure your win7 is up to date. I have a win7 on laptop and never intalled any addons like vcredist there. zmod runs there just fine, since win7 is updated automatically.
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Oleg wrote:run windows update and make sure your win7 is up to date. I have a win7 on laptop and never intalled any addons like vcredist there. zmod runs there just fine, since win7 is updated automatically.
I ran Windows update many times and installed all of the updates that are available already. I will do it again to see if there are any new updates but as far as I know it's fully updated already.

EDIT: ok I ran it and there are new updates that I don't have yet. Will install them and report back if it works or not.

Thanks Oleg...