ZModeler v2.2.5 (16 Feburary 2011)

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

VTL

Post by VTL »

Hi Oleg, zmodeler 2.2.5 Does not wish to import files, any files. I have installed the directx_Jun2010 and my zmodeler registered.
In what there can be a problem?
i have windows 7 32bit
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

well, is it registered?
VTL

Post by VTL »

Well.)

sorry, it's my mistake :oops:
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

Hi Oleg. There is an option Surface>Paint>Saturation. Why it wont work for all selected vertices like Prelit Color?
Or maybe I don't know, how to set it for all?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

prelit color is a pure "computation" tool that generates color for the vertices. The rest of Surface\Paint tools are interactive and you paint vertices manually with a "brsh".

switch object to vertices level, pick desired Paint tool;
zoom out, so the paint area is quite small in viewport;
press left mouse button and drag mouse over the paint area several rounds.
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

Yes. But is possible to made global painting for selected vertices, example:
when I select two vertices and click somewhere, it will paint these two?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

select them and use "Fill Selection" button in Surface\Paint tool.
Tomek

Post by Tomek »

I know that, but for saturation it's impossible right?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

right.
Tomek

Diffuse color and Specular Color Trick

Post by Tomek »

Hey Oleg, I found genial bug in your ZModeler 2.2.5 with NVC!
When I want to copy Day vertex color (Diffuse Color) to Night Vertex Color (Specular), then
I just going to check Specular Color in model proporties, then I'm clicking on Swap Colors,
and, when I can see only white or black uncoloured NVC, then I'm clicking on Undo.
That's all!
Nex step is, I'm clicking on Swap Colors again, and I have copied Diffuse Color in Specular Color.
heurex67

Post by heurex67 »

I downloaded and I guess installed v2.2.5. I get an error message when I try to run the app that says "The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

I don't know where the "application event log" is or what I'd be looking for. Any ideas for me?
heurex67

Post by heurex67 »

Geez. I found a link for v 2.1.1 but I think I was using v 2.1.4? Of course I deleted what I originally had trying to update. My plan was to update and register it. Is there any way I could just get back to my old version and register it or does it have to be the most current version?

I've never had the ability to import from other games and don't really need that but 2.1.1 is missing a lot of features. The instant selection box, tick boxes on the materials, etc. It's much slower to work with and it's killing me.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

heurex67, from version 2.2.2 and higher an additional libraries pack should be downloaded and installed. Refer this thread for details:
http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=3979

concerning older versions, you can use buy and license key in version from 2.0.9 and higher. However, if you are going to do so, you should contact me so I could make you a key for the old version (old versions apply strict rules on key's issue date and will not accept keys issued in 2010 and 2011 years).
heurex67

Post by heurex67 »

Thank you sir! That was my problem. It's alive!

I'll just register the new version. That's what I really intended to do in the first place. The thought of losing what I've done so far had me in a panic. Thanks again.
truckerdude

Texture Browser

Post by truckerdude »

I just installed 2.2.5 onto a Win 7 platform (64 bit). My directx is updated but I still don't get a texture browser. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
TD
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should install DirectX 9.0c June10 redist package. The fact that you have the latest DirectX isntalled does not mean you have the exact version of the library that ZModeler needs. Here's the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... CEB6D8FA8D
Sleepy93HUN

Post by Sleepy93HUN »

Hello all!
i don't know why but the materials editor deleted from my zmodeler 2.2.5 ...
i can't use textures with it :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

see the first post and the post above yours.
truckerdude

Post by truckerdude »

Oleg wrote:you should install DirectX 9.0c June10 redist package. The fact that you have the latest DirectX isntalled does not mean you have the exact version of the library that ZModeler needs. Here's the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... CEB6D8FA8D
Thanks. I didn't think I would be able to install a lower version but I see now that it will only install the files.

TD
Timmy

help

Post by Timmy »

i installed 2.2.5 used my key and registered it and go to import a .wft and i click import and it doesnt import it and it doesnt say anything like this is not a registered verison or anything it just says Zmodeler is Ready any help would be appericated.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

are you sure you use a legal key? you can send me a private message with your registration info to get a detailed explanation.
cherokee

Re: help

Post by cherokee »

Timmy wrote:i installed 2.2.5 used my key and registered it and go to import a .wft and i click import and it doesnt import it and it doesnt say anything like this is not a registered verison or anything it just says Zmodeler is Ready any help would be appericated.
When I do that with 2.2.5 and any previous version that is supposed to import .wft files, ZModeler pops up an error message saying "ZModeler has stopped working" and then it shuts down.
Chasez
Beginner

Re: ZModeler v2.2.5 (16 Feburary 2011)

Post by Chasez »

Zmodeler crashes on save after merging two clean z3d files :( tried everything but still crashes at 20% on save. It's like a curse, as soon as I click on save, it hits to 20% and zmod crashes. When it happened before I just did a reverse merging, I have even merged files one by one till I could safely save my project but now nothing works.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it would be VERY handy if you give me these .z3d two files for investigation.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:it would be VERY handy if you give me these .z3d two files for investigation.
Done.