texture not found material error

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

DNFplays

texture not found material error

Post by DNFplays »

Good evening.
so i'm trying to modify a truck and for some reason it doesn't want to find the ao,
and did the treadplate get a 'texture not found' texture, I've been looking and what I found is that the material (.mat file) of the treadplate is not found
and all the rest of the ao is also not found, can someone help fix everything,
game version: 1.42.x

https://pastebin.com/RRh5iTde my game.log

00:02:06.380 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/automat/4b/4b84a4cb52b98c01.mat' in the read_only mode.
00:02:06.380 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/automat/4b/4b84a4cb52b98c01.mat'
00:02:09.237 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_numberplate.dds' in the read_only mode.
00:02:09.237 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_numberplate.dds'
00:02:09.237 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_black2.dds' in the read_only mode.
00:02:09.239 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_black2.dds'
00:02:09.246 : <ERROR> [dds] Malformed DDS file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_numberplate.dds'
00:02:09.246 : <ERROR> [dds] Malformed DDS file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_black2.dds'
00:02:09.260 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_sideskirts.dds' in the read_only mode.
00:02:09.260 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_sideskirts.dds'
00:02:09.268 : <ERROR> [dds] Malformed DDS file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_sideskirts.dds'
00:02:09.271 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_fenders.dds' in the read_only mode.
00:02:09.273 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_fenders.dds'
00:02:09.273 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_chassis.dds' in the read_only mode.
00:02:09.274 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_chassis.dds'
00:02:09.278 : <ERROR> [dds] Malformed DDS file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_fenders.dds'
00:02:09.281 : <ERROR> [dds] Malformed DDS file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_chassis.dds'
00:02:09.282 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_rear_axles.dds' in the read_only mode.
00:02:09.285 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_rear_axles.dds'
00:02:09.285 : <ERROR> [dds] Malformed DDS file '/vehicle/truck/ph/chassis_rear_axles.dds'

this is the main thing don't want to load,
it's mainly about the fenders, sideskirts, chassis, treadplate, numberplate, rear_axle.

thanks in advance,

this is an error that i get to in zmodeler Image
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: texture not found material error

Post by Oleg »

are those DDS textures really available on specified path? If your truck uses a different folder location, check the pinned topic "Paths and folders guide".
DNFplays

Post by DNFplays »

yea they are, bc when i put the truck ingame without edit it works, but when i edit it, it get pink
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when you edit the model, on export you get a PMD file that refers to the newly-created .mat files. These are referring to a newly-created .tobj files and each of .tobj refers to old/original .dds texture file.

every time you see "refer" above, consider the "export" could give wrong reference (path/location). In most of cases, bad reference (path/location) produces "Failed to open file ..... in the read_only mode."

This happens when game can't find a file on a given path/location. If the issue relates to a .mat file or a texture .tobj or .dds file not found, the game will render solid red color to help you identify the geometry that failed to get its material or texture.

however, your model shows pink color on problematic materials which is the problem with texture file itself. The game failed to load a texture file (it found the file, but can't load it). For example, if you saved a .dds using the format the game does not support, the failure will happen. As a quick test, convert problematic textures to DXT5 format.
DNFplays

Post by DNFplays »

thx for explaining, i save always my .dds file in dxt5 format, and i searched for the paths to and they were all correct