Trouble importing some models

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

DugiHowser

Trouble importing some models

Post by DugiHowser »

Hello, so I am trying to import some car models to which I am having some trouble. Most models load in fine while others load in but "don't" if that makes sense? The model appears in the list but nothing displays. Can anyone please assist me? I posted a picture of what I am talking about. The mule model loads in fine while the trash model loads in but does not display.
https://i.imgur.com/jXciFMB.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Trouble importing some models

Post by Oleg »

most likely the model you can't import is not an original game model. If the .wft file layout differs from original, the import could fail. Other than that, it is possible the model file is locked by its author.
DugiHowser

Post by DugiHowser »

Thanks for replying. This model is not original but it is a unlocked model. When I put the files in OpenIV and use in game the model works just fine.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

DugiHowser wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:46 am Thanks for replying. This model is not original but it is a unlocked model. When I put the files in OpenIV and use in game the model works just fine.
Locked model is supposed to be viewable in OpenIV and playable in the game. It is not supposed to be importable to ZModeler to prevent editing without author's permission.
DugiHowser

Post by DugiHowser »

I understand that. But like I said it is a UNLOCKED model.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, ZModeler2 product is no longer evaluating, so I can't make any updates to this product. If it doesn't import some .wft file(s), there is nothing I can suggest on this.
DugiHowser

Post by DugiHowser »

I see. Okay thank you.