Unable to Verify

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

rollin42

Unable to Verify

Post by rollin42 »

I first tried to verify for a 15 day trial in early June with No success. I bought a years license yesterday in the hope that maybe if I paid for a license it would work. When I try to verify online I get the message "Something is wrong with the server try again later." Waited until today, because I would think that qualifies as later and I get the same message. I figure I'd try the manual method and still no success.On the License Information page it's got the message that I can create an account and register my Platform ID to get a trial license. I have done all that and it still won't verify. I'm frustrated with the whole process and and I have resigned myself to the fact I've just wasted $39!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Verify

Post by Oleg »

Server uptime is very good, so "something is wrong on server" is most likely an expired session. Just log out and long in again. Make sure to turn off automatic web page translation as it causes multiple identical requests to server and causes it to drop connection to. So, web account have to be in English.

Second, I can see your platform ID allowed to log in but it has never did so. Ensure your platform ID in web account is exactly the same as you see in ZModeler: a misspell will make it impossible to install license key. Make sure you have the latest build of ZModeler: 1195.
Clear password for your platform ID in web account; specify your account name and no password on "Account Setup" page in ZModeler, restart ZModeler as Administrator. Open License Information window and give ZModeler 10-20 seconds; If you can see a spinning circle icon in the bottom of ZModeler window which never stop spinning, then ZModeler is unable to reach updates server and will unable to reach license server too.
In such a case install license key manually:

1. open ZModeler's Account Setup window, clear account name and password there; press OK and restart ZModeler as Administrator;
2. copy your license key in web account; open License Information window in ZModeler. press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds; your license key should appear there followed by "Verification: Failed".
--- I assume you were able to reach this point ---
3. specify correct version in web account : 32 bit or 64 bit. press Validate button. There should be no "Something is wrong on server" at this point. Web account can log you out, but should not write the message above; if it does, respond here, I'll reset your license so you can activate it again and get a different license key - may be license server think your license key is not good to validate.
4. copy validation key; go back to License Information window, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds again. You should see "Verification: revalidate in 60 days" or something like that. Restart ZModeler.

Note, ZModeler folder should be put somewhere on drive D: if possible or at least in C:\Program Files\ folder. Some users unpack ZModeler onto desktop folder or in "My documents" or into "Downloads" folder - none of these will work for ZModeler due to "strict file access limitation" applied to these folders by Windows.
fdarren

Post by fdarren »

Hi, i have an issue with validating the software. I was using the software normally, now I tried to use the program and when I try to validate, it states that my license is expired. When I log in the zmodeler website and view my account there it states that mentioned license has still 254 days remaining. What can be done to solve this issue? thanks in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Make sure you see exactly the same license key in ZModeler as the one you have in web account. Make sure your ZModeler version is 3.2.1 build 1195. Older version/build might read incorrect days from license key and show it as Expired.
rollin42

Post by rollin42 »

I got it working. Thank you for the very thorough instructions.
fdarren

Post by fdarren »

Managed...

thanks alot! :)
chicken88888

Post by chicken88888 »

I had try the above step but no validation key generated. already run the trial priod but my zmodeler verification still failed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@chicken88888,
Your platform ID "ZL9SL-GN" has never logged in to license server. Make sure this is exactly the ID you osee in ZModeler. Assign password 123456 onto this platform in web account on "My computers" page of web account. Run ZModeler as Administrator, open "Account Setup" page, specify account name and platform password 123456. Press OK and restart ZModeler as Administrator again.
chicken88888

Post by chicken88888 »

I already assign '123456' password on web account at my computer the platform ID also is same in my zmodeler. But when i try to validate the license. It display "something is wrong on server, try again later".