Making map objects?

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

BullseyeSBT

Making map objects?

Post by BullseyeSBT »

Is it possible to convert map objects such as buildings and cols that were made in blender in via zm?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Making map objects?

Post by Oleg »

I guess it is. you should mess around with native game objects first, so you get used how are they made and what collision for static objects look like. Also, if I'm not mistaken, static collision for landscape and buildings is inside .ybn files (that you can edit in ZModeler too), but these collisions might include a bigger area than your single building. Yet it is still possible to equip .ydr file with its own collision if I'm not mistaken.
BullseyeSBT

Post by BullseyeSBT »

OK thanks for the info, I know folks use max for buildings with gims evo plugin, but I'm more used to blender and zmodeler, I imported a creator track piece to zm but the cols don't seem to have a model instead they have this cage like thing around it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

cage is a group of objects. you can ungroup it with "ungroup" button on structure panel. Some collision groups can have another groups inside. Also, a group of collision objects might have a user-defined option "BVH" to be exported as a bound volume hierarchy rather than a set of independent collision elements.
horseman89

Post by horseman89 »

@Oleg. I have different problem. I have Object(for example cabin) as one group object(cab_base) but I want to ungroup it for example to multiple cab_base objects (Cab_base 01, Cab_base 02 etc) but when I step on to that cab_base then ungroup section is not showing up as available option (it stays black). Game - ATS actual patch. While group function is working fine - when I select multiple chassis 01, 02, 03 the group function is showing up fine. I looked the whole youtube for group/ungroup functional but not seen anything with that.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

objects were merged together, not grouped. You can toggle off "merge models" option on import, and objects will be split by materials.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Instead of opening a new topic, I wanted to ask here. How can I create the "COL" file in the easiest way when creating a new model in YDR format (texture embedded)? I import the original model and create a copy (Attach) of the model I created to the "COL" file of that model and use it in this way. Is there a more practical way?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

collision objects are usually created from scratch with every point and polygon laid manually. thus you can keep it as simple as possible. then you assign surface properties onto polygons and assign "MASS" user-defined property.