Can't remoove expired licence to ID

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

toitoine66

Can't remoove expired licence to ID

Post by toitoine66 »

Hello

For some reason I can't remoove a licence from my platform ID and so I can't add a new one because my platform ID is linked to that expired lisence....

toitoine66

Re: Can't remoove expired licence to ID

Post by toitoine66 »

Ok I finnaly make it work with this insturction:

Code: Select all

If this is your case, perform the steps below carefully:
Only for paid licenses, do NOT perform steps below for TRIAL license.
1. remove both CodeLib files from "Shared" folder of ZModeler to clear bad license key from ZModeler. Run ZModeler once to let it download updates; Close ZModeler.
2. remove your platform ID in web account on "My computers" page. You will be warned about platform black-listing, it is OK to do so as you've removed "CodeLib" files. Your platform ID will disappear from web account.
3. submit your platform ID in web account again. It will get restored automatically. Make sure to assign password onto your platform ID again, as password is not restored.
4. activate the remaining part of your license for your platform ID and install license key in ZModeler.

Note, if you get "License validity: Expired" again or see wrong days count in ZModeler (differs from days count shown in web account) perform steps above again to get a new license key.
But seriously guys each time I try to do something with your licence it take me a half day to make it work.... you really should make it more easier to consumers
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't remoove expired licence to ID

Post by Oleg »

when you have online verification enabled and configured, installing new license key is done by copying and shifting it. You copy license key in web account, open "License Information" window in ZModeler, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds. Your new license key appears there and ZModeler performs validation and installation automatically.

yet and old key can jam in ZModeler even with automatic/online verification enabled, so steps you quote above were given for such a case.