Can not complete task: Your license denies this action. file

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

NiceGuy

Can not complete task: Your license denies this action. file

Post by NiceGuy »

I just redownloaded Zmodeler after having a glitch with it and I signed into my account and I am getting this error when I try to open or merg a file

A file Can not complete task: Your license denies this action. file:OpenSaveService.cpp line:964Error opening file "C:\Users\sam\Desktop\Zmodeler\merg\Charger.z3d"

I have a active key and I was using it yesterday! My platform id matches my account but it just wont read that I have a valid license. I have a lot of work to do with zmodeler so if you can get back with me as soon as possible and fix my problem that would be great.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can not complete task: Your license denies this action.

Post by Oleg »

Can it import/export files?

It looks like license is not installed properly. Reboot your PC to ensure no other "zmodeler3.exe" processes is running. Run ZModeler as Administrator, open License Information page and ensure your license key is already there. It's OK to see "Verification: checking online...", but you should not see a message like "you can create an account at ... blah blah".

Also, you might need to remove both CodeLib files from "Shared" folder and let ZModeler download updates before reinstalling license key.

Properly installed license key is a key shown in License Information page with "Verification: reavalidate in .. days" below it. This info should be in License window when you open it manually. A license window appearing automatically at startup means ZModeler can't install or save license on a hard drive.
NiceGuy

Re: Can not complete task: Your license denies this action.

Post by NiceGuy »

I fixed the problem
draco.vita

Re: Can not complete task: Your license denies this action. file

Post by draco.vita »

Hey, how did you fix this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

draco.vita wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:51 pm Hey, how did you fix this?
when license key is installed, validated and ZModeler is restarted as Administrator, it solves the issue. The message actually means "No valid license was loaded when ZModeler has started".
WildFyr

Post by WildFyr »

I feel like if ZModler crashes, or we open a second .z3d file, we should still be able to export or import. Why can't we continue to use the program we are paying for if multiple windows open?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If an application crashed, I advise to terminate zmodeler3.exe process via task manager before starting ZModeler again.
You can run two instances of ZModeler from different folders.