Broken car geometry when exporting. Everything messed up

2k Czech Mafia II game modding.

Moderator: Oleg

KDFdanno

Broken car geometry when exporting. Everything messed up

Post by KDFdanno »

Not much to say, everytime I try to export a model it seems to be completely broken. I´ve try to import and inmediately export the model without making any change and the same result. The things is that when I open it again in Zmodeler it looks normal, like nothing happened but in the game it just look like this:

ImageImageImage

Did enyone else experimented something like this before? I have some experience with GTA SA and GTA V mods but this is my first time messing up with Mafia 2, and I know it´s pretty complicated to mod and things like that can happen, but I just find it really frustrating as this is my favorite game ever.

Btw, I even tried unpacking the .SDS file and then packing it back without opening it in zmodeler and it works fine, wich makes me think that the problem is inside something I´m doing wrong when importing/exporting in Zmodeler. If anyone else had the same problem or has an idea of what should be causing it please let me know, I would really apreciate it. My current Zmodeler version is 3.2.1
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Broken car geometry when exporting. Everything messed up

Post by Oleg »

Make sure you update all the files ZModeler creates. When you export, a set of files is actually re-created, so the best option would be to have a folder with copies of all original files and export into this folder (so you have all original files and some of them ZModeler will re-write automatically). Other than that, I can't remember any specific option or condition you have to met in order to get a proper model in game, especially an import->export with no changes should not give any problems.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Ask this guy, he's the most experienced in MafiaII modding:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

...one more thing comes into my mind: compare the file size of "IndexBuffer_0" file of original model and the one you've imported->exported with no changes. It should be nearly the same size.