GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

appledangerdash

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by appledangerdash »

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

I've finally made my first model that doesnt look like an alien!!(pic1)

One issue though all my models work fine until they are on a bike and their shoulder blades start pointing out and I have no idea which bone/weight is causing this any idea
Attachments
prinz.JPG
takao bike.JPG
BrynnaDaRosa

Post by BrynnaDaRosa »

appledangerdash wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:29 am THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

I've finally made my first model that doesnt look like an alien!!(pic1)

One issue though all my models work fine until they are on a bike and their shoulder blades start pointing out and I have no idea which bone/weight is causing this any idea
That might be a clavicle issue, or possibly something to do with arm roll? you should try to pose your model in different ways in any 3d modeling program (ie blender) to figure out what bone that weight is associated with
collinrut21

Post by collinrut21 »

I have created a new account. this is the account i wanna use. My Platform id is Z3CAY-TQ
lld123

Post by lld123 »

Hi Oleg and everyone. I'm new to Zmodeler 3, please tell me why each ped has 2-3 materials (as attached image) and how to apply all these materials to the ped. Thank you so much !
Attachments
ped_texture.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

GTA uses texture replacement scripts to make variations of ped outfit. In most of cases, ped model will use just one main texture (DETAIL texture in material properties) for a component (e.g. upper torso). But this component might require different styles of surfaces to be rendered - some might be glossy or matte fabrics, another surfaces might be chevron with transparency and so on. To utilize different in-game shaders (like "ped_alpha" for transparency and "ped" for bump-mapped material with textile sub-structure emulation) you create several materials for one component. You can assign material onto selected set of polygons by
1. selecting polygons
2. drag&dropping material in materials browser onto left-side branch entitled "Scene selection".
lld123

Post by lld123 »

When I try to create a new material then drag and drop it into the Scene Selection, it has completely replaced the previous 2 materials. So how can I add a new material without replacing the old ones ?
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can create a new material or copy any of available (so newly-created material is pre-configured). buttons to create or copy are on top of materials browser.

once you create material you need - you can assign it onto an object or onto selected polygons using drag&drop as it was specified above.