GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Oleg »

If I'm not mistaken, regular cloth simulation on .yft files can utilize any shader of your choice. However, cloth simulation on peds involves more computations on hardware, and it is quite likely only ped_cloth shader has an associated code. Its up to you to make tests, ZModeler will not restrict you in materials/shaders you use, it's a question whether game will accept it or not. So, try using ped_alpha on cloth mesh of ped and take a look whether it will work in game.

meanwhile, have you seen native in-game ped cloth that uses transparent textures? if you do, import and take a look on used shaders and textures.
nietnick

Post by nietnick »

Hi Oleg,

I am trying to make a custom pants for a MP ped. I previously had the problem that the pants wouldn't load when spawned using vMenu. I fixed that problem by loading my spec map and normal map as a DXT file format.
Now it loads but the side text on the pants looks all blurry and bad. While in Zmodeler3 & OpenIV it has normal quality (2K).
In the texture file it keeps its normal quality as well. This is what my texturebrowser looks like: https://gyazo.com/c68d7679aea05864a190208a1ae61572

Do you have any idea why the text shows up this blurry in game? I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with my settings, most of them are on high.

Thanks in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like the game uses lower resolution texture (mip level of original texture). perfectly, this text should be made as a ped_decal on another material with its own texture containing text only. but i'm not quite sure how to configure ped's "lowr" part to use multiple materials.
Patricktan112

Post by Patricktan112 »

Hey there i am trying to make a helmet chrome right. I have tried every single spec map as possible looked for everything and its still not working. In zmodeler the helmet shows its very chrome but when i put it in game the result doesnt show. I was wondering if there is a solution to this at all

https://imgur.com/a/OxGGqrc (In zmod)

https://imgur.com/a/XrrEPHH (In game)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like some textures are missing in game.

also, mind, the game uses SPECMAP texture's channels (green) as a reflection strength. so, you can use white texture in SPECMAP for chrome material.
appledangerdash

Post by appledangerdash »

Im new to zmodeler and i was wondering if there are any tutorials on how to convert models from other games into gtav
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you could find some videos on youtube I guess.
gtavvince

Post by gtavvince »

Hello,

I am working on a part of a ped model and have recently gotten to the point of exporting the part of the ped I have edited. I am utilizing EUP on my server and I have created a new badge from scratch. I have gotten it all back into the .mesh in the files but when it spawns in game the badge moves with what appears to be the hips and sways. It sways when standing still and walking. Any help in correcting this would be majorly appreciated and I look forward to any replies. Thank you in advance!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your badge is not rigged to the skeleton properly. It is advised to import upper torso model (most preferable to import the torso model the badge will be used with) and copy weights from torso with Rigging\Influence\Copy tool.

mind, you need a skeleton from .yft file imported and renamed to .global before you import torso ydd file (so you get torso rigged to proper skeleton).
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

Hey Oleg, is it possible to export more than 255 bones? I am having trouble exporting components for player character (Trevor) and I believe it is not exporting properly because Trevor has more than 255 bones
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I'll check the issue, the exported model does crash the game. it is not actually related to bones count in scene, 255 is not the limit in fact, something else is wrong.
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

If it helps Oleg, I have managed to get the game to not crash, by making sure to use original material and all original embedded textures (some replaced). However, the in-game model is extremely messed up, very similar to when bone nodes are not properly exported
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Get an update. I've updated the ped_wrinkle set of shaders and got Trevor's head_000_r model loaded fine in game. I can't be sure whether mimics and wrinkles effect does work, but at least I see the modified component working properly in game (eye blinking, mouth movement are both fine).
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

EDIT: Figured it out. For head at least, I needed to use embedded skeleton not .global skeleton

Maybe you could take a look at my ZM3 file? But I just tried to export the original model as well, and it looked jacked up as well...
ZM3:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgHjvQXaPwhoeM_DV3 ... Q?e=y4vJcJ

Interestingly enough it looks fine in CodeWalker:
Last edited by hat1324 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should rename "player_two" to ".global" before you export. When a .mesh is bind to a .skel located in .global, an exporter will use a ped components export scenario that affects the way skeleton is packed.

My MaxBones is set to 160. This is generally for vehicles that should have full skeleton exported all the time. ped skeleton is allowed to be compacted/reduced to "required bones set only".

I haven't updated textures, so in-game shot has messy textures. original Trevor's head has a spike to be sure it is the modded content being shown.
head_component.jpg
hat1324

Post by hat1324 »

Ah Ok, I actually got the head at least to work by using embedded skeleton... I will try it your way

EDIT: Works beautifully. Thanks Oleg!
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

Олег, пост спас , пол часа ебался с cutscene чарами
FeniXxXpl

Problem with exporting my edited ped model

Post by FeniXxXpl »

SO i m exporting this ped in z modeler and this happend (The only thing I did was remove the vertexes of one hairstyle to make it a bald variant and put the rest of the hair inside the head to hide the remainder) https://medal.tv/clips/36987530/d1337nz48OPT
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu (1734).png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should import pablo.yft file first; rename imported branch in hierarchy to .global
then import .ydd file - it will bind all geometry objects (.mesh) to a skeleton (.skel) located in .global branch.
then make the edits and export your .ydd file.
FeniXxXpl

Post by FeniXxXpl »

Okay so should i move imported ydd to the .global or no?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no. your imported .ydd file will appear like
ig_bankman

with uppr_001_uni, lowr_001_r and like this inside.
the .global is aside or on top of this all. An exporter will determine that .mesh is bound to .skel and the .skel is located in a branch named .global. As soon as exporter detects this layout, it will trigger a specific export scenario for peds.
FeniXxXpl

Post by FeniXxXpl »

okay to i do everything you told me and see https://streamable.com/sexx0d
FeniXxXpl

Post by FeniXxXpl »

idk what im doing still wrong my shirts dissappear only one is available and still my model move strange
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

.ydd file have to be exported with "Skeletal" option toggled on.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Hello, Oleg. I'm doing a character conversion to the game, everything is fine, but the hands are out of shape. Is it possible to be rigging for hands? Is there a custom setting or Tutorial for this? Finally, will Zmodeler3 model support for Rdr2 come? Do you have such a project? I wish you good work.Image
https://hizliresim.com/2mIaUw