GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
lld123

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by lld123 »

Hope Oleg and someone can help me with applying AO (ambient occlusion) texture on Ped. I’ve found on google and youtube but didn’t see any tutorial about this. Please help me !
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

not sure what exactly you need. GTA uses ambient occlusion on per-vertex level (red channel). You can combine it with main texture if it has rendered AO there.
lld123

Post by lld123 »

Oleg wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:46 am not sure what exactly you need. GTA uses ambient occlusion on per-vertex level (red channel). You can combine it with main texture if it has rendered AO there.
Hi Oleg ! As the picture below, the ped has 4 texture map, I mean that is there any way that can we apply the Ambient Occlusion (AO) map
Thank you so much for you reply !

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should apply AO texture over diffuse map in Multiply mode and save it as a new baked diffuse map. You can do this photoshop I guess.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Is it possible to do the process applied between 2:44 - 3:16 in this video with Zmodeler3?
https://youtu.be/SRsVKTWFcTw
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

not sure what exactly are you talking about, it looks like everything shown in a video can be done in ZModeler.
Given the time codes, I assume you've asked about moving the geometry away from it's skeleton (or vice versa)? Yes, ZModeler allows skeleton to be away from an affected geometry. Mind to toggle off an option on a skeleton "Use base transform". When this option is off, the location of skeleton's base will not affect the mesh, so you can move skeleton aside or move a mesh away, it will still be rigged and will perform correct rigging when you adjust pose of the skeleton. When you toggle an option "use base transform", then skeleton's base movement will also affect the rigged mesh (moving skeleton will move the rigged mesh the same way).
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

I succeeded. Thank you so much.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

I can't connect the skeleton to the model. I wonder why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkI5UjVcSA
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Binding an object to a skeleton is not enough. You need bones weight to be assigned onto mesh vertices. In your case, you can assign weight of bone "head" onto all vertices of your mesh component. Switch object to vertices level, select all vertices. pick Rigging\Influence\Paint tool, expand its options and switch it to "Preset" mode. Locate a head bone in a skeleton, drag and drop it into a under "Preset". A "head" bone will appear there with influence strength set to 100 by default. Press "Fill selected" button to assign this weight preset onto selected vertices.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Oleg wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:18 am Binding an object to a skeleton is not enough. You need bones weight to be assigned onto mesh vertices. In your case, you can assign weight of bone "head" onto all vertices of your mesh component. Switch object to vertices level, select all vertices. pick Rigging\Influence\Paint tool, expand its options and switch it to "Preset" mode. Locate a head bone in a skeleton, drag and drop it into a under "Preset". A "head" bone will appear there with influence strength set to 100 by default. Press "Fill selected" button to assign this weight preset onto selected vertices.
Unfortunately I couldn't. I couldn't understand the way I had to follow because my English is bad. :( There was no such problem before.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

https://youtu.be/_Q1Ab04kt-w?t=320
very similar, but there the wight is removed with "influence paint" tool, while you need to assign weight (using the same tool and same technique).
eeldad_ob

Post by eeldad_ob »

how i rig somthing to mp male like ring etc staff whiteout refrbece model
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

probably, you can paint weight manually. in most of cases you can find a reference model that is rigged already.
eeldad_ob

Post by eeldad_ob »

how i add prop to a ped like jacket etc cuz i cant find eny guid on the web pls help me
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

try searching on youtube, may be there are guides on how to add props to a ped. ZModeler is about how to create model files that could be then used by the game. The topic on how to let the game use particular files as an addon prop is out of the scope of ZModeler itself. I personally don't make any mods, so I don't have an answer to your question.
eeldad_ob

Post by eeldad_ob »

ok i cant find eny guid but thx
eeldad_ob

Post by eeldad_ob »

why i cant aplly the matiral on the mesh ? in vertex mode but i can aplly for all the mesh like that https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=592
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Material can be applied to object or polygons, you cant assign material in vertices mode.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if I"m not mistaken, you should specify full file name in textures browser on "textures group" page. e.g.

berd_002_u.ydd

Note, the game can switch textures on a ped model (to create random outfit) and textures name (and their location in .ytd files) can suppress your texture assignment on materials in ZModeler. This is something to adjust in metadata file for the ped. I advise to use original texture names (if you replace some ped) and put your own modified textures with original texture names into original .ytd files.
ramisthand76

Post by ramisthand76 »

may be it is located in some different folder or in some common folder for all multiplayer models.. it's not a must for *.yft file to reside in the same folder as the .ydd file. the one that game actually use with .ydd file. I don't know the way game uses to bind multiplayer .ydd to a skeleton

MyFiosGateway Verizon
mobdro
Last edited by ramisthand76 on Mon May 09, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eeldad_ob

Post by eeldad_ob »

how o make a cape that actley move like a cape
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

eeldad_ob wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:53 am how o make a cape that actley move like a cape
in general, using cloth-mesh on a model with cloth-physics enabled (the one that comes with .yld file) will give the result.
eeldad_ob

Post by eeldad_ob »

what yld shud i use to gest a cape that will react to the wind ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

.yld file is a cloth simulation data for a .cloth object stored inside .yft file. The .yld file is not used on its own. The model that comes with .yld file has a cloth-simulation model configured, so your own model can replace this model in game. You can't export model with cloth into a game model that was not natively using cloth in it. It's up to some configuration in metadata file, may be this issue was solved already.

The cloth simulation is done on a geometry model using a low-detailed cloth geometry model (that is actually cloth-simulated). It can't be expressed as a forum post, you should better watch videos on this subject.