GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
appledangerdash

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by appledangerdash »

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

I've finally made my first model that doesnt look like an alien!!(pic1)

One issue though all my models work fine until they are on a bike and their shoulder blades start pointing out and I have no idea which bone/weight is causing this any idea
Attachments
prinz.JPG
takao bike.JPG
BrynnaDaRosa

Post by BrynnaDaRosa »

appledangerdash wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:29 am THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

I've finally made my first model that doesnt look like an alien!!(pic1)

One issue though all my models work fine until they are on a bike and their shoulder blades start pointing out and I have no idea which bone/weight is causing this any idea
That might be a clavicle issue, or possibly something to do with arm roll? you should try to pose your model in different ways in any 3d modeling program (ie blender) to figure out what bone that weight is associated with
collinrut21

Post by collinrut21 »

I have created a new account. this is the account i wanna use. My Platform id is Z3CAY-TQ
lld123

Post by lld123 »

Hi Oleg and everyone. I'm new to Zmodeler 3, please tell me why each ped has 2-3 materials (as attached image) and how to apply all these materials to the ped. Thank you so much !
Attachments
ped_texture.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

GTA uses texture replacement scripts to make variations of ped outfit. In most of cases, ped model will use just one main texture (DETAIL texture in material properties) for a component (e.g. upper torso). But this component might require different styles of surfaces to be rendered - some might be glossy or matte fabrics, another surfaces might be chevron with transparency and so on. To utilize different in-game shaders (like "ped_alpha" for transparency and "ped" for bump-mapped material with textile sub-structure emulation) you create several materials for one component. You can assign material onto selected set of polygons by
1. selecting polygons
2. drag&dropping material in materials browser onto left-side branch entitled "Scene selection".
lld123

Post by lld123 »

When I try to create a new material then drag and drop it into the Scene Selection, it has completely replaced the previous 2 materials. So how can I add a new material without replacing the old ones ?
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can create a new material or copy any of available (so newly-created material is pre-configured). buttons to create or copy are on top of materials browser.

once you create material you need - you can assign it onto an object or onto selected polygons using drag&drop as it was specified above.
nadafeels

Post by nadafeels »

I did a head transplant from one ambient ped to another. I edited the corresponding mesh files (head_001_r) of the head I wanted to replace but I couldn't seem to make the animation work while the rest of the body moved. I also did the rigging, copying weights and axis of the original head to the new one. It looked like this in-game.
I am still new to 3d modeling so I apologize for the lack of knowledge.
Thanks
Attachments
new head for ped.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

most likely the geometry object was not bind to the skeleton. if you see head moving with the pelvis /spine#0 bone, then rigging is not actually being performed on a geometry. You should hide everything except the .skel object located in .global branch, and the .mesh object you have problems with. Mark the skeleton sphere with Select\Mark tool (will turn lime color), then use Rigging\Skeleton\Bind tool on .mesh object to bind it to the marked skeleton.

every geometry object you bind and want to be rigged should have in properties of "mesh -> vertices -> format" option "rigging" toggled on and "max bones" set to 4.

Material should have "ped" or "ped_default" in "Adaptation" (Adapt) field.
nadafeels

Post by nadafeels »

Hi Oleg, thanks for replying. I followed everything in the video from the official zmodeler3 channel except for UV mapping cause I don't know what it does.
This time I skipped the coloring of the vertices I learned from other videos (orange: primary RGB channel, etc.) but here is what I got. I also attached a photo of the hierarchy I worked with. I replaced head_001_r and it came from another rigged ped. It has the properties you mentioned and I bound it to the main .skel as evidenced by the yellow. It still ended up being all alien looking though.
Any tips/advice?
Thank You!
Attachments
6th try.png
zmodeler.png
nadafeels

Post by nadafeels »

I did a little bit more experimenting and I found some issues. Even without changing anything in the model (just importing and exporting), the head part of the model gets messed up (it's related to weight from what I've tested; copying the weight of the hair part or torso removes the jelly deformation but it removes the movement of the skeletons in the face).
Importing conditions:
0) checked if the models work in game (Yes as seen in the image titled "before"); Vertices Format (rigging, max rig =4, uv channels =2 are all in proper order)
0.5) Changed Max Bones in Profiles to 160 (restarted zmodeler)
1) Imported s_f_y_stripper_02.yft
2) Renamed s_f_y_stripper_02.yft to .global and deleted the .mesh inside it
3) Imported the s_f_y_stripper_02.ydd
4) I didn't change anything.
5) Exported the s_f_y_stripper_02.ydd with the following options turned on: Skeletal, Save Thumbnail, Export LOD = Autodetect; .global is still .global (I didn't change its name)
6) Replaced the s_f_y_stripper_02.ydd in the right folder (patchday4ng.rpf...)
7) The head_001_r and head_000_r (the head basically) turns into jelly for no apparent reason. (In the "after" image)
I've been trying to make the head transplant succeed for a couple of days now so help would be much appreciated.
I can't seem to find a solution from reading the past posts and watching the youtube videos on rigged PED body part replacement.
Thank you
Attachments
before.png
after.png
in zmodeler.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What is your "MaxBones" value in Settings->Profile->Editor :: Preferences->Filters->GTARage ?
It should be something like 180 while in old vertices it was set to 128.
nadafeels

Post by nadafeels »

Here are my settings.
Attachments
Key locations.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your settings and, in general, your workflow is absolutely correct.

Try another scenario:
1. load original .yft file, do not rename branch to .global, give any other name instead. Delete .mesh inside.
2. load original .ydd file - it will load with it's skeleton(s). I assume the head component has an extended skeleton with facial rigging bones, so .skel inside head_*** branches could have more bones than the one in .global branch.
3. export and test in game.
3a. move .skel from head_*** branch to the branch of s_f_y_stripper_02.yft and this time rename it to .global. Export and test in game.
3b. hide all skeletons, hide all head mesh components. Use "Mark" tool on skeleton of s_f_y_stripper_02 branch and bind all .mesh objects to this skeleton (you do this for all .meshes except the head .mesh objects). then rename s_f_y_stripper_02.yft branch to .global, export and test in game.

Summary: I assume head component has facial rigging and requires its own skeleton with extra bones that are missing in s_f_y_stripper_02.yft file.
nadafeels

Post by nadafeels »

Hi Oleg. Is this what you meant by moving the .skel of head_000_r and head_001_r? I attached all the other body parts (aside from head_000_r) to one of the .skel (.skel of head_000_r) and I attached the result. It still gets messed up unless I did something wrong with your suggestion.
Some notes:
1) I exported the .global as skeleton only.
2) Can I edit the bone such that I just take the facial skeletons of the head_001/000 .skel and attach them to the .skel in the s_f_y_stripper_02 branch?
Attachments
results.png
lld123

Post by lld123 »

Oleg wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 am you can create a new material or copy any of available (so newly-created material is pre-configured). buttons to create or copy are on top of materials browser.

once you create material you need - you can assign it onto an object or onto selected polygons using drag&drop as it was specified above.
Hi Oleg, sorry for my stupid but I've just upload a short clip about what I mean
Example here with the part hair_000_u, it's has 2 texture in the Scene Selection, both name hair_diff_000_a_uni. I would like to ask how can I make 2 (sometime 3) texture (hair_diff_000_a_uni) attach with 1 part hair_000_u.

Hope you can help to clean up my stupid :D
Attachments
texture.jpg
Actreox

Post by Actreox »

So I rigged my character and exported it as an OBJ file. I don't know what to do next. I just want my model to be functioning in GTA 5.
Attachments
image_2021-07-09_175303.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Actreox , "OBJ" will not retain rigging information. You should export as DAE or as FBX. Then you will be able to load rigged model into ZModeler.

Rigged model should me assigned default skeleton (the one you import from an associated .yft file).

It is strongly advised to watch some youtube videos on this subject - it was covered clearly in various videos already.
Actreox

Post by Actreox »

Whenever I'm at exporting a yft file like ig_bankman. I always have a hard time adjusting the skeleton to my model. Sorry, I'm just really new here, I've spent two days just to try and understand this concept of creating a ped model and actually getting it to be playable in GTA 5.

I've watched a lot of tutorials and it's always the yft and my model that's making me confused.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (39.68 KiB) Viewed 8483 times
balooxaxa

Post by balooxaxa »

Last edited by balooxaxa on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lld123

Post by lld123 »

Oleg wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:42 am @Actreox , "OBJ" will not retain rigging information. You should export as DAE or as FBX. Then you will be able to load rigged model into ZModeler.

Rigged model should me assigned default skeleton (the one you import from an associated .yft file).

It is strongly advised to watch some youtube videos on this subject - it was covered clearly in various videos already.
Hi Oleg, is there anyway to use the rigged ped with the GTA 5 Skelenton (like .skel of ig_bankman). I've searched for online tutorial but cannot find any content related to this. Can you help me please !
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

it turns out that oleg doesn't want to answer haha
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

Actreox wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:42 pm Whenever I'm at exporting a yft file like ig_bankman. I always have a hard time adjusting the skeleton to my model. Sorry, I'm just really new here, I've spent two days just to try and understand this concept of creating a ped model and actually getting it to be playable in GTA 5.

I've watched a lot of tutorials and it's always the yft and my model that's making me confused.
it turns out that oleg doesn't want to answer haha
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should not alter .yft file and skeleton at all. This is not a task you supposed to do when making a ped for the game.
your geometry model must have the same pose as original game model. you copy weight (rigging) from original model and/or adjust or refine it manually at some spots. then you export the rigged geometry to .ydd file.

There were some videos that had .yft file alternation, but in most of cases it was position or scale adjustment in skeleton. It is a bad idea to make anything beside move/scale/rotate on original bones in a .yft files, as you are likely to mess the ped rigged model assembly to an unrecoverable condition.

Your post is not precise enough to understand what exactly are you trying to do, so I can't give any advise other than specified above.
Alternus

Post by Alternus »

Can anyone assist me in how to make skin color change with clothes? I have a pair of shorts but when I change skin color it stays as caucasian.