GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
dosh

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by dosh »

Hey Oleg, before I start I wanted to say that the software is awesome and I appreciate all the help you give!

I have 2 issues.

First issue, I added a jacket from another gtav model onto a modified ranger ped for a roleplaying server I play on. This ped is completely good to go so no problems there. The only thing that's wrong is I seem to have this weird texture issue.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 63/aae.png

I've already tried a previous suggestion for this issue. The vertex color (primary RGB) was light blue and I changed it to orange, (secondary RGB and Alpha to black), but I still get the effect. It only seems to happen when I'm close to a building and/or my camera is at a specific angle in seemingly random places. It also happens while driving in first person in a vehicle.

My second issue involves a female version of the ped.

I haven't had a chance to test her in game yet. In zmodeler, I fit the jacket to the body, created a material with the right texture map, assigned the material to both pieces, uv mapped, and this is what I have. At first both were shiny, but then I added a specmap and that fixed the shiny jacket, but the shirt is shiny :( I haven't attached anything yet.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 78/aab.png
ASlap

Post by ASlap »

Hi guys,
This Thread helped alot, i'm usually modding vehicles and decided to do a Watch for one of my friends.
I followed this vid learn the basics about weights, binding and so on... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGj0szxzeWM
Sadly i'm encoutering this weird wiggeling ingame... https://www.dropbox.com/s/enxc8xgpkwmub ... h.mkv?dl=0
Tried exporting with skeleton toggled On and it shows correctly, toggled off thou the object is just linked to main body, doesn't move with arms at all.

Any idea what i'm missing here? Would appreciate couple hints :)

BTW... I used Franklin's main Watch as base "accs_000_u.ydd"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

This is a wind effect simulation. You should paint per-vertex secondary color to black.
ASlap

Post by ASlap »

Oleg wrote:This is a wind effect simulation. You should paint per-vertex secondary color to black.
That worked Perfectly! Thanks alot :D
mlodypancerny

Post by mlodypancerny »

Hey, i'm working on a female s_f_y_cop_01 model and i can't get hair to work... Everything is working, except the hair which is not appearing in game. Tried to import and export the model without any edits and it's still with no hair. Is there a fix to this?
nietnick

Post by nietnick »

Hi Oleg,

I've been trying to make a custom holster for a mulitplayer ped. (freemode male 01)
Originally the file was a really small size but as soon as I exported it it became something around 190kb.
So it instant crashes my game when it spawns... I'm only having this problem with holsters, even if they aren't especially if they are rigged with a skeleton they go up in size. Is there a way to get around that or to fix it?
https://imgur.com/a/5uliz4U
momobimo

Post by momobimo »

i've made a mod based on one 'uppr' only, is there any way to add more uppr/parts into it? so i have multiple uppr
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

availability and configuration of ped components is probably configured in a metadata file, not related to ZModeler export. I guess it is possible to do, but I've never did anything like that.
VanillaIceCreamVIC

Post by VanillaIceCreamVIC »

Hello, I am having an issue when Exporting .ydd.
When I Export head_000_r.ydd I get terrible mess. what cause this problem?
Grand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2019.04.07 - 03.52.17.18.png
VanillaIceCreamVIC

I send z3d File.
Attachments
save.z3d
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 214 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

set "MaxBones" to something like 160. It is located in Settings->Profile->Editor; and there in Preferences->Filters->GTA Rage. Restart ZM after changing this value; then re-export your .ydd file.
VanillaIceCreamVIC

I set "MaxBones" value 160 and 180.
However, the situation has not been improved.
maschan

Post by maschan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYcXdZauyU
What setting the character collision to kick the cloth?
Use model do not have .yld
yld imported from a_f_y_beach_01
I'm sorry for my poor English. 
lawdy

Post by lawdy »

Is there an easy way to copy vertex primary and secondary colors from one object to an other?
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

Hey!

So I'm fearlessly trying to convert these shoes from Franklin to Freemode character...

So far, no luck.

They seem to be in a group when I import them to Zmodeler. The conversion process from Franklin til MP, is usually pretty easy, but when they are grouped, I cant use the same tools... Is there a way to fix this? I've tried un-grouping and regrouping, but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance! :D
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what do you mean by "group" ? you can always un-group objects to have access to them and/or open a group. these are "ungroup" and "open" buttons on a Structure page.
Frostyy

Post by Frostyy »

Erm... It's just not working for me.. ):

I've tried everything. Either it crashes when I try to export, or else it just doesnt wanna work ingame. I wish you could somehow convert it for me .. ):
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may be you can record a video showing what you do? It's barely possible to guess what is wrong given just a description.
Genio Fallito

Post by Genio Fallito »

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to replace the head (head_000_r) of the multiplayer character (mp_m_freemode_01).

What could be the problem?

I can insert the file here or list all the steps if you want.
I've really tried them all, can anyone help me?

EDIT: I opened a topic specifically for this (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11565).
Last edited by Genio Fallito on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
prollos

Post by prollos »

hey guys, so ive been editing the models for quite awhile now and haven't came across the issue im dealing with now, it started off by adding items to a ped model, done the standard of importing the .yft and making in .global then importing the .ydd and other items I wanted to add however when I got in game the hair from the original model wouldn't load.

After playing around changing the position of the hair in the hierarchy it still failed to load and I even increased the base value in case this was the issue, so I decided to just do a clean import / export of the original model to see if it would work again and strangely it doesn't, the hair wont load even though its the exact same as the original, does anyone have any pointers what could be causing this error?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Genio Fallito, get an update.
HANAKO2

Post by HANAKO2 »

Hello:D
How do I export YDD containing spec,normal textures like StreamPed?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can embed textures into .ydd file in a regular way by specifying a texture group name in textures browser. Mind, the game will still use its own set of textures for the model, because it has some logic for randomization of ped's outfit.
HANAKO2

Post by HANAKO2 »

Oleg wrote:you can embed textures into .ydd file in a regular way by specifying a texture group name in textures browser. Mind, the game will still use its own set of textures for the model, because it has some logic for randomization of ped's outfit.
Thank you! !
I'll try!
HANAKO2

Post by HANAKO2 »

Oleg wrote:you can embed textures into .ydd file in a regular way by specifying a texture group name in textures browser. Mind, the game will still use its own set of textures for the model, because it has some logic for randomization of ped's outfit.
I tried it now, but I don't know how to do it :(