Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

May you please import, save a .z3d file and send it to me, so I can take a look?
Racegek

Post by Racegek »

Oleg wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:56 am May you please import, save a .z3d file and send it to me, so I can take a look?
Hi,
I tried to downgrade the gpu drivers but that didnt help, so i deleted the gpu drivers nvidia and then it works fine :(

i hope u can find a solution.
grtz
Denis
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler3 is currently under upgrade to DX11. Most of rendering code is rewritten, so there is a chance the new version will do better job here.
Racegek

Post by Racegek »

Oleg wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:28 pm ZModeler3 is currently under upgrade to DX11. Most of rendering code is rewritten, so there is a chance the new version will do better job here.
Ok thnx, cant wait to find out 👍🏻
Racegek

Post by Racegek »

Ok little update, I re-downloaded zmod and now it works fine.
Grtz
Yuri!

Post by Yuri! »

Hello for a few days I have been working on a vanilla project but when I import the model and export it the window collisions seem to disappear, also when I create a new collision this one doesn't seem to work. I searched but couldn't find anything about it. I reinstalled zmod several times, nothing happened. :twisted: :|
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Collision objects might stop working on export from ZModeler randomly. This is a known issue that I have no clue where it comes from. In some cases, collision for objects works on only some of types of impact: bullet tracing, - ped/player collision, - collision with static scene objects (walls), - collision with dynamic scene objects (light poles, trash bins etc.)

Also, a collision object that causes problem could be not the one that has the issue in game. For example, missing or not fully working door collision in game could be caused by bad chassis collision.

Back to your question. First of all, check the collision object and it's parent collision object in "Deform" sate. Press the "Deform" button on structure panel . Vertices of COL objects will shift a little. In some cases this might cause polygons to flip inside out. I advise to move vertecs closer to their original (non-deform-state) position, so no polygon flip occurs. This is a case for glass collisions and bonnet collision objects, as they are usually very thin.

Second, you can try a "double collision" fix (on chassis and later on other objects). The idea of this fix is to add a non-deformed collision version to a COL object (non-deformed collision is stored in a different way and works a bit different in game). To do this, you should follow the steps:
1. dismiss COL object, so it is a regular geometry object now (not bold in hierarchy view)
2. copy COL object.
3. set property "Deformable" off for one of this object (in Mesh->Vertices->Format branch). So one object with Deformable ON and another with OFF.
4. select both objects in hierarchy view and press "Group" button to combine them into one object.
5. convert this group to COL compound.

Test in game.

Try this on chassis object at first, as usually chassis col object causes problems on other col objects. If this doesn't help, move further to the next COL object in hierarchy.

P.S. Use as few "double collisions" in your mod as possible as every double collision can double the time for hit detection causing "physics" part of the game to increase the CPU usage, and as a result cause the FPS drop.
Skyliper

Post by Skyliper »

Приветствую, возникла проблема с колизией педа животного. Пытаюсь изменить размер скелета. Если делать на фримод скелет (человеческий), то все работает, а со скелетом животных не работает. При столкновении с машиной - животное скручивает в рогалик, а регдол поза не работает при падении/столкновении. Заметил, что при импорте человеческого скелета в Zmod - колизия не появляется в структуре, в то время как у скелета животного она есть.

Попробовал просто импортировать и экспортировать скелет, менять флаги в коллизии, удалять коллизию полностью, но не помогло
Вот параметры импорта/экспорта
https://prnt.sc/uJVGBnUn-s5m
https://prnt.sc/MVDtbwGNOP-i
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

всё верно.
скелеты животных не работают на экспорте.
у животных скелеты другие - они содержат коллизию прямо в скелете. экспортированная модель будет либо крашить игру, либо будет с проблемами коллизии.
Skyliper

Post by Skyliper »

Т.е нету никакого способа увеличить или уменьшить размер животного?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

мне такой способ неизвестен.

Edit: взял эту задачу в работу, посмотрю, может что-то можно допилить/доразобрать с коллизиями животных. там действительно не просто коллизии а рэгдол, то есть много разных данных, связей и прочей лабуды.
Skyliper

Post by Skyliper »

Понял. Спасибо большое за отзывчивость. Надеюсь у вас получится решить данную проблему.
willwright23

Post by willwright23 »

Hello, ive been using zmodeler for a long time with no problems. After updating my zmodeler by uninstalling and reinsstalling the latest verssion today, my zmodeler is now broken showing no available file types when trying to import. ive tried reinstalling again, going back to my old files, but everything doesnt work. https://gyazo.com/31e79ed9564f43c41c388 ... bcf57b798f
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your ZModeler installation misses some files (may be they were deleted by windows defender or antivirus). In particular, there should be three "zmStoneguard" files in ZModeler folder.

Also, mind to run ZModeler as Administrator, it is essential.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Skyliper wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:28 am Понял. Спасибо большое за отзывчивость. Надеюсь у вас получится решить данную проблему.
Не получается поднять модель над землей. что я только ни пробовал - игра опускает модель в землю как оригинал, так-что идея с увеличением животных в размере что-то не решается у меня..

Остальные вопросы вроде решил - ragdoll работает, зверя не скрючивает и плюс-минус нормально не дороге может валяться.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The game seems to keep animal skeleton at original position and animates bones relative this position. I was unable to make the modified animal be higher above or lower to the ground after resize (moved skeleton's root, or bones linked to skeleton's root' or any other combinations. I have also tried to inject a bone before and after skeleton root to apply height offset to this unanimated bone (so original skeleton is animated relative to this offset bone) and this did not made the trick as the game animated bones IDs 0...74 while I rearranged original skeleton to IDs 1..75 and left ID#0 for height offset adjuster. I will mess some more time with this issue, as I feel like there should be a solution, I just can't spot it yet.

The game applies "foot IK" to put front legs onto the ground, so the smaller animal has front legs stretched down to reach the ground; the big animal has front legs shrunken down to smaller size to put the on to the ground. This does not apply when model is in ragdoll mode (hit by the vehicle for example).
gta5_coyote_mod_2x.jpg
gta5_coyote_mod_x0dot6.jpg
gta5_coyote_mod_x0dot6_ragdoll.jpg
Skyliper

Post by Skyliper »

Это очень здорово, что вы смогли починить регдолл позу. Подскажите каким способом вы импортируете/экспортируете скелет, чтобы у того не ломалась коллизия и работал регдолл.
А по поводу увеличения/уменьшения скелета, мне не известен способ, чтобы пед оставался на земле, всё также по гайду делал, передвигал всё вверх, кроме самого SKEL_ROOT, однако я прибегал к другим программам. Я перекидывал увеличенный ydd животного в 3ds Max и экспортировал через GIMS, вот тогда нормально работало в игре, всё, кроме регдолла и коллизии.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

А скиньте мне yft и ydd переделанный в GIMS, который в игре нормально на земле стоит - я посмотрю, как это вообще можно сделать.
Обновление еще не выкладывал, с ragdol все еще есть проблемы, которые пока не решил.
Skyliper

Post by Skyliper »

Вот, тут кастомная модель, которую я пытался увеличить. За основу взят скелет a_c_deer
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/JNBFh4rZvSIDCg
Skyliper

Post by Skyliper »

Слушайте, действительно он опускает ноги прям в землю, на моей моделе я этого не замечал, видимо секрет кроется в чем-то другом, а не в самой геометрии/вложенном скелете.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Так, ну в общих чертах поддержка животных готова. Изменения файлов перестали крашить игру, проверил на coyote, cow и deer. Ragdoll получается довольно деревянный, но лучше чем ничего :(. Очень жесткие связи в суставах с одной степенью свободы (например колени и локти) - животное как правило с вытянутыми ногами падает и куваркается. шея, спина, голова, хвост - отрабатывают хорошо, а вот лапы так себе.
gta_coyote_2x_ragdoll.jpg
Задача с изменением размеров в сочетании с подъемом/опусканием животного сложная. Я не нашел как отключить опускание лап на землю. Если этот момент получится задавить, то вообще довольно сложный, но реализуемый способ, как животное поднять выше/ниже всё же существует. Например, мой большой койот удалось поставить на землю (поднять выше), но он поджимает передние лапы, как и раньше, то есть лапами чувствует землю на прежнем уровне.
gta_coyote_2x_stand.jpg
gonzalo3005

Post by gonzalo3005 »

Hi, I have trouble when exporting my resize peds. First I thought the issue was resizing my ped, but then I read another post where Oleg said to export without any changes and by doing so I discovered that my .ydd works well but when I export the .yft, it causes my game to crash, even though I did not change it at all. I would really appreciate any help!! I attach my import/export settings.
Attachments
impexp.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Fixed, get an update.
gonzalo3005

Post by gonzalo3005 »

Thank you so much, I can export them now!
dayosmayo

Post by dayosmayo »

I simply have the problem that when i want to import yft or ydt's it says Missing IImportExportService. See attachment.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-22 121351.png