Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Jhect

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Jhect »

Oleg wrote:perfectly, a short video showing a problem and a .z3d file you have a problem on, so I can reproduce this crash.

I put a short .avi video of it happening and .z3d into a zip. Here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/90vsz8duf ... d.zip/file
carving

Post by carving »

приветствую.
у меня возникла проблема со стёклами.
как-то странно они разбиваются.
нормально разбивается заднее левое и кое-как лобовое.
заднее правое только трескается и не разбивается.
с остальными какой-то трэшак.
в текстуре стекла Crash стоит.
в коллизии стекла Crash стоит.
коллизия выставлена вокруг стёкол.
фиг пойму, что не так.
раньше такого не было.
https://i.ibb.co/KL2m33q/GTA5-2019-03-31-18-18-01.png
https://i.ibb.co/HX2NHQk/GTA5-2019-03-31-18-18-10.png
https://i.ibb.co/BsXqrBy/GTA5-2019-03-31-18-18-41.png
https://i.ibb.co/KL2m33q/GTA5-2019-03-31-18-18-01.png
https://i.ibb.co/Bf6GRDb/GTA5-2019-03-31-18-18-21.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@carving, скорее всего у тебя в папке экспорта лежат .cwgv файлы от какой-то машины. эти файлы задают форму/границу разрушения стекла. если файлы убрать, стекло будет разлетаться полностью, без границ.

@Jhect, thanks. Fixed, get an update.
carving

Post by carving »

@Oleg, так и есть. спасибо)
Joshua99210

Post by Joshua99210 »

Every time after the export, chassis [COL] randomly merges into other vehicle parts. Am I doing something wrong or is there a possible fix? Thanks in advance for the help!

BTW, I have already tried reinstalling Zmodeler, and still no luck.

Before export:
捕获.PNG
After export and re-import:
捕获2.PNG
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you use the latest version of ZModeler?

open Settings->Profile->Editor, browse to Preferences->Filters->GTA Rage, pick branch "Parts" (or "Part names", can't remember) and press "Delete selected".

If you use older version (e.g. 3.1.2 for some reason), then restart ZModeler and import several different original game models, including the one that has "antenna3" part too (I guess this is an original game's native object name) and restart ZModeler. Then open your .z3d file and make an export (do not import your .yft file, this will mess "Part names and IDs" data in ZModeler, use File\Open).
Joshua99210

Post by Joshua99210 »

Oleg wrote:do you use the latest version of ZModeler?

open Settings->Profile->Editor, browse to Preferences->Filters->GTA Rage, pick branch "Parts" (or "Part names", can't remember) and press "Delete selected".

If you use older version (e.g. 3.1.2 for some reason), then restart ZModeler and import several different original game models, including the one that has "antenna3" part too (I guess this is an original game's native object name) and restart ZModeler. Then open your .z3d file and make an export (do not import your .yft file, this will mess "Part names and IDs" data in ZModeler, use File\Open).
Yeah, I am using the latest version, and simply deleting "Parts" does not solve the problem. However, combining the two methods together does work, and everything is perfect now. Thanks again, Oleg!
Damarli34

Post by Damarli34 »

i guess my post doesn't worth to answer, so can you please delete my acc. with my post.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Damarli34, my game fails to download update still, and I can't make an in-game tests currently - it doesn't run at all, while your question requires to perform in-game tests. That's why I can't say anything specific on the problem you've reported yet.
carving

Post by carving »

мистер Олег, у меня такая загвоздка..
фары у машины горизонтальные.
а световые точки остались от заменяемой машины, вертикальные.
если заменить на машину с горизонтальными фарами, то святятся горизонтально.
ты случайно не в курсе, как можно это изменить?
https://i.ibb.co/0VT1zsj/GTA5-2019-04-06-21-18-42.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Световые точки (Flare) конфигурируются в vehicle.meta файле. У родных машин этот файл, вроде, редактировать нельзя, но все машины из DLC идут с .meta-файлом, пригодном для редактирования. Так-что можно заменять своей машиной какую-то из тех, что появились в игре через DLC, тогда можно настроить огоньки в meta файле.

Я этого никогда не делал, поэтому за точность и достоверность сведений не ручаюсь, вполне может оказаться, чтоб любоые .meta файлы уже можно редактировать.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Having an issue with a ped that exported perfectly fine on friday but refuses to export now. Zmodeler3 just hangs up and doesn't export the file at this point.

Tried removing pieces that had been modified but even after going through them one by one I haven't found any reason for it to be hanging up to the point of having to task kill it.

Also running into an issue where when I reimport a model Ive already worked on, the entire weight/rigging is screwed with weight mapped to the wrong bones.

EDIT: The export issue, after about 45 minutes of troubleshooting, came down to a bad skeleton. I still haven't figured out the import issue.
[Lore and 3rd Party Emergency Vehicles | Custom Ped/EUP]
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

an import can take in account a skeleton from .global that might have different bone IDs assignment.
Deadspin
Beginner

Post by Deadspin »

Oleg wrote:an import can take in account a skeleton from .global that might have different bone IDs assignment.

That makes sense. Thank you.
[Lore and 3rd Party Emergency Vehicles | Custom Ped/EUP]
njgamer

Post by njgamer »

i have this problem https://imgur.com/a3beeDL the black thing
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@njgamer, a skeleton-only .yft file should be imported with option "Slice to parts" toggled off. This .yft file usually comes with arbitrary geometry object (12x12 plane) that you see in perspective view. You can delete this object, as it's not needed actually.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The "Base" user-defined property is obsolete in recent update.
One should export a model and test in game whether everything works fine or not. In particular, this should be related to ERROR_INVALID_RESOURCE_5 error, or other game crashing issues on big YFT files.

P.S. In particular, I would like to know whether big YFT files do work well now or not (the YFT file bigger than 14Mb, that seems to be the top of safe size for export recently).
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is there a way to convert marked polygons to selected polygons or to hide them somehow?
Axey

Post by Axey »

I was having issues with hair not showing up in game recently, I think there's a bug in the importer for the ped_hair_spiked shader.
Hair materials with orderNumber 0 don't get an entry in the user-defined options. Then when exporting, it gets set to 1.
Can just create the entry to fix it.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

zm crashes almost every time i copy multiple objects and put them inside the other objects. https://youtu.be/oeTc8-6hd5I
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

May I have your .z3d file with this scene? I was trying to reproduce this on buffalo2/buffalo2_hi model and was unable to get the error coming up.

And a side note (considering the bug still have to be found and fixed), you can copy and object with its hierarchy by toggling option "with children" inside "Copy" tool. Then you can hide all objects except the topmost dummy and click on it - an entire model hierarchy will get copied and retained.
jozisback

Post by jozisback »

I cant bind my mesh to my skeleton it just says Performing autosave to
Use Select/Mark tool to mark target skeleton base or a bone. Select source objects to bind or click on any object to bind it with marked skeleton.
Even when I selected the skeleton
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you need to mark skeleton with Select|Mark tool (lime color). You need to mark the .skel object only (the biggest sphere). when some scene skeleton is marked, you can use "Bind" tool on a geometry to bind it to the marked skeleton. Hide unnecessary objects so they don't disturb you while hovering/marking/clicking.
gta192837465

Post by gta192837465 »

I am having an issue with importing/exporting. I just installed a new copy of ZModeler3 64bit on a new computer. My license had expired, so I have just purchased a new license. My license is activated and validated on my new computer. I used Zmod3 on my previous computer for 2 years with no import/exporting issues. Windows 10 for both new and old computers.
Importing: When I click import and select a file that I know has imported correctly in the past it does not import. My mouse turns into the spinning wheel for a second and the Zmod status/progress bar appears in the bottom right for a second and then nothing happens. Also the message toolbar does not change. Normally it would say that import was successful.
Exporting: When I open a .z3d file that I exported just fine on my old computer it does the same thing as importing. The only difference is it outputs a 0(zero) Kb file.
Any help in resolving this would be extremely appreciated. Please let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide to help resolve this. Thank you.
UPDATE: I revoked my license and activated the trial license and importing/exporting worked perfectly. It now appears to be an issue with the license I purchased. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
ydro

Post by ydro »

got an export probleme, engineblock dont shake/bobble in game after export, and it work for a friend with the same files :cry:

i've try to delete my zmodeler and installe it again, nothing work