Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

if i'm not mistaken, strength of emission on vehicle_lightsemissive shader is affected by texture's alpha channel. your texture has white alpha probably. you can paint/mask it so the emissive light is not that uniform and have brighter spots at lights-bulb positions and fade a little to the outer edges of taillights. this is a 2D work in Photoshop or other texture-editing tool, not actually related to ZM.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

@Oleg
Could you check my IV to V convert? I did everything like in your video tutorials, with proper additional infos in dummies and collisions. Few objects aren't shown and car doesn't react when I shoot. Collisions are from GTA IV matched to V ID materials.

Vehicle files:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/868 ... her_hi.yft
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/868 ... ancher.yft
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

calculate normals on COL objects, these are used in hit-detection computation routines.]
also, "missing" collision can be caused by just ONE bad COL object. give a quick try on series of test by removing parts and testing in game. start with chassis + wheels + parts that have no collision, then add parts (with collisions) one by one and test an export in game. I suspect "window" collisions are inaccurate, way too tiny.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Most of bugs are fixed right now, only boot and right-front window isn't working.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

_cp_ wrote:Most of bugs are fixed right now, only boot and right-front window isn't working.
i always take original gta5 collisions and resize them (polygons) to vehicle proportions, and they always work fine
thebunnyrules

Post by thebunnyrules »

I was having some shadow related issues that I opened a post about here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8237&p=45678

After some experimentation described in the above mentioned thread (at this specific point: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8237&p=45678#p45678), I determined that the shadow artifacts are resulting from Zmodeller's import export process (basically I imported the original model into zmodeller and exported it back without modifying it - the exported model was causing the artifacts). Since I've already got an entire other thread opened about it, I'm not going to into depth about it here but I thought I'd mention it as it is an import/export bug.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

@Oleg, i just figured out that thing with alpha in the texture for the lights. so when i paint alpha to white, it has full opacity in game. when i change this to gray or black its only reduce the opacity of the light. it still bright in game...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

try the same with black specular texture map. just to find out what affects brightness the most. may be it is a post-processing bloom effect causing brightness to be high.
bigossi5

Post by bigossi5 »

Hello, i have problem : When i tint my windows my lights tint too . How I can repair it?
I'm working on McLaren F1 so stay tuned!
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

just use badge material on lights
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Kamel wrote:just use badge material on lights
LOL
Epid3xia

Post by Epid3xia »

Hey guys
I can't open some .ytf files with my zmodeler3. I have turned off my antivirus, I run zmodeler3 in administrator mode and I have a license.
Some .ytf files open some don't. That realy sucks.
I want to open the .ytf files of this mod especialy: https://de.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2015- ... tuning-set (use the big green "Herunterladen" button to download)
But the .ytf files of this mods won't open either:
http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/8 ... lace-v2-5/

Can somebody help me?
bigossi5

Post by bigossi5 »

You can't open this car , because model is lock .
Epid3xia

Post by Epid3xia »

is it possible to change that?
bigossi5

Post by bigossi5 »

No, if it locked it can't possible to open it with Zmod
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Bug: when i have a compound that contains a group, and when i move materials, it fucks all the materials and textures on that compound with group.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

bug confirmed.

the fix is available for download. the fix is inaccurate, but should resolve the particular issue. Better fix (including other affected scenarios and tools) will be shipped with next update, as my version of ZModeler is higher than the one available.
bigossi5

Post by bigossi5 »

I have a shitty problem: My mesh texture has gold color when i watch my car from far.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

try different textures set on your material. just to find out whether this is material problem or particular texture problem.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Question about mirror reflection. i know already how to make mirror reflection with pivot and "normal project". But how to make them smooth and with fisheye effect? See screenshots. On the 1st screenshot is my mirror reflection, and on the second from another mod:
Image Image
On material i use black on detail, blank_normal on bump and white on specmap. Diffuse color is also black.
I also tried to place the pivot on different positions, but its still all the same.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the fish-eye mirror mesh has vertices on entire surface/grid, while yours has probably on outer border only. using a grid-mesh as mirror can give advantage on normals tuning. you can project some of them from one point and outer border normals from a different, closer point. reflection is applied according to normals direction on vertices, so changing normals is the only way to make reflection appear in a different way.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Oleg wrote:bug confirmed.

the fix is available for download. the fix is inaccurate, but should resolve the particular issue. Better fix (including other affected scenarios and tools) will be shipped with next update, as my version of ZModeler is higher than the one available.
uploaded an extended fix. it will work fine with other tools like modify/[Move, rotate, scale] and display/local axes/[*] too, including correct undo/redo for this scenario:
group of meshes is assigned as compound node's state.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Oleg wrote:
Oleg wrote:bug confirmed.

uploaded an extended fix. it will work fine with other tools like modify/[Move, rotate, scale] and display/local axes/[*] too, including correct undo/redo for this scenario:
group of meshes is assigned as compound node's state.
Hi Oleg! Can you fix this bug :Unknown object name " misc_g". Using random ID: it might not work correctly in game script.
many misc part was added in the january2016 dlc, for example this misc uses in sultranrs, updated misc list:
  • misc_a
    misc_b
    misc_c
    misc_d
    misc_e
    misc_f
    misc_g
    misc_h
    misc_i
    misc_j
    misc_k
    misc_l
    misc_m
    misc_n
    misc_o
    misc_p
    misc_q
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can import a model file that uses these part names, then restart ZM. from that moment on, it will "know" IDs for these names and warning will not appear.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Oleg wrote:you can import a model file that uses these part names, then restart ZM. from that moment on, it will "know" IDs for these names and warning will not appear.
ok, thanks for quick reply :)