Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Oleg »

выделить объект (можно Isolated), properties -> mesh -> vertices -> format.
выключить галку "Deformable", нажать Apply. (выключить Isolated).
Decky

Post by Decky »

Все получилось. Благодарю за оперативные ответы!
tk0wnz

Post by tk0wnz »

I'm getting a feeling that the issue I posted here (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7947) might actually be an import error, as another ZModeler 2 file opened in Zmodeler 3 has the same issue, but even worse. Moreover, most of the time I cant seem to weld two vertex together, as I always keep selecting 3 or 4 no matter how far I zoom in.

Also, when downloading models in .obj format and importing them, the same issue arises. I've tried multiple object files all with this issue.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this indeed an import bug.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

loading .z3d files from ZModeler2 does not involve mesh conversion, everything is loaded one-to-one (mesh geometry related). Loading any other formats might involve some mesh conversion or mesh split due to a UV mapping requirements, OBJ is one of format that can involve mesh geometry split during import.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i have a question about broken windows: original gta5 cars have splits on broken glasses, and my car mods not..
see screenshots:
how exactly can i make those splits on broken glasses?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your glass requires UV#2 to be assigned and mapped.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:your glass requires UV#2 to be assigned and mapped.
ahh thanks i think i got it! remember that i had problems with dirt? i had to remap this, but i didnt think about mapping the glasses on UV2 :)
ns0112

Post by ns0112 »

I am having trouble where my wheels 'wobble' around the axel slightly. making it seem as if the location the wheel rotates around is not in the middle of it. I have taken original gta v vehicle wheels and applied them to my model
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

axes of [wheel_lf] and wheel's collision should align perfectly.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is there an option to apply the position of dummy to an object automatically without writing the coordinats to XYZ? because when i take L1 out for example from (i think it calls) compound, the object losts sometimes his position... :/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this is fixed in version 3.1.2. it will be available few later, as other changes have to be made too prior release.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Question about Lods: when i convert cars, i put all objects to L1 only. Not L0. i export only to "car.yft" and then i copy the file and rename it to "car_hi.yft". The whole car doesnt disappear even in a long distance. But the wheels disappear in near distanse. so i put wheels from L1 to L4. i try also to reduce polygons of it. The wheels dont disappear in near distance now, but they still disappear in a long distance. Any advice how to fix this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vehicle LOD distances are controlled by in-game settings. lod distnaces in .yft file are all set to 10km and the game manages actual lod switch distance.

wheels, in contrast, wheel have lod switch distance when talking about custom addon wheels (from wheel_mods and wheel_mods2).

I don't know much about in-game LODs system, as I've used to test original models only that are equipped with all lods needed.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

old bug, that i forgot to mention: when i take L0 for example from the compound, and then i click "undo", all hierarchy fully disappears sometimes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it is important to note, what was the last operation you've done before you press Undo. If you can reproduce it, use the "Undo Tree" tool (between undo and redo buttons) to take a screenshot of actions, it will help to locate the problem.

P.S. if this happens while you are on Isolated mode, this is fixed and fix will be available in version 3.1.2.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

ah ok, thanks, will take a screenshot, when it happens again
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

@Oleg
Could you check these two bikes models? Sometimes they're crashing a game while spawning, sometimes don't. Is it related to collision issue?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/868 ... /lycan.rar
f5544

Post by f5544 »

@ oleg:
bug report.
after the update of 10-12-2015 i cant move the materials in the hierarchy anymore.
when i do it, the properties of the objects and the materials are changed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

thanks, fixed.

This area was, in particular, a point of upgrade - managing materials is now safe when dealing with compounds, groups, when Isolated mode is toggled on/off.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

@oleg Another 2 bugs. when i zoom in the grid disappears also with the more grid. the grid will only be visible next to the central point.
Also when i zoom in and want to move or scale i cant do it unless i zoom out.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this is due to precision limitation. both problems are caused by this limitation. Perfectly, your object should be around 0,0,0 point and perfectly in size 0.1 ... 10; Details bigger than 1000 will have a precision artifacts, details smaller than 0.01 can have precision inaccuracy... going into higher zoom and working with details of size 0.001 (1mm) will lead to heavy precision limitations and being unable to move to small distances, only steps like 1/3 of mm. and not being able to 1/10 of mm.

something of a kind applies to high zoom and not being able to move object to small distances - only with "steps".

grid stops drawing when ZM detects high inaccuracy, so drawing a grid will represent incorrect coordinates.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Oh. Sometimes the small grid is good for reverence.
And then i still can move things. The grid only shows in a smaller box around the central point.
kazuki

Post by kazuki »

i did some testing with different cars. after the new zmodeler update, lightcovers don't work anymore upon export on all models i can find with lightcover
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

can somebody else confirm this issue too?
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

@Oleg
Give me three hours and I'll check it
Could you look into Lycan models?