Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
aboodilatif

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by aboodilatif »

@oleg
ok the wheel works now however the wheel/tires are chrome..
baba0rum

Post by baba0rum »

Hello, this is my first post here.

In game i encounter a problem, the car always or at least 90% of the time, flip when i turn. Any idea why this happen ? im lost :oops:

Edit: fixed by changing the handling.
mattjeter

Post by mattjeter »

Oleg wrote:@mattjeter, my game crashes prior I could reach tuning/customs box to install wheels, so I can't test wheels modding. this is under research at the moment.

@Gta5KoRn, use "Local" axes mode in ZModeler, turn off "Pivot" button in the bottom and use "Rotate" tool so you can rotate the door object around it's local axes (X, Y or Z) in ZModeler and see whether it opens/closes fine or not.

@adshud, this seems to be related to collision of the hood object. try to use original collision volumes on most of parts (where possible). Make sure to assign correct "Flags" onto part (hood should have "Flags" with value "E"), and make sure to use original vehicle values for "E" property of all "[COL]" objects. Also, in rare cases a settings of "Default compatibility Flags" inside properties window should be retained. These flags are unknown (enable "Unnamed flags" option in "Settings -> Compatibility" first, so you can see these unknown flags in Properties window).

@Z@gor, I haven't been testing bike models at all. Send me in PM any of models that produce game crash on spawn.

@aboodilatif, what are structure components of [wheel_lf] (shown in a list above hierarchy, when you pick [wheel_lf] in a hierarchy view). It should be "Default", "L0" and optionally "L1" listed there. When you toggle off "L0", "L1", and "COL" buttons on top, select wheel dummy node and expand properties; double-click "User-defined options" and ensure there is an option named "Flags" there (add it if not avail) and it has value "AE" on wheel_lf, and "A" on all other wheels. (AE is also used on chassis too).
Thank you for all you hardwork Oleg. I was wondering if you make a more obvious announcement when custom wheels can happen. It would be much appreciated. I saw you refined .ydr export but it seems to not have fixed the wheel issue.
Again thank you for everything! I would love see this feature be possible!
Doctorgta

Post by Doctorgta »

Hi misterbrooks did you ever figure out how to fix this?
Mister Brooks wrote:help me guys i have problem with camera view
camera view is too high, look screenshot

i not edit anyting in vehicles.meta but camera view is high and far, please how fix it ?
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg: How can you get to work stuff like this? i have been trying for HOURS and cant get something like this guy did, his car has the ability to turn ON emissive at day, like if you get inside his car and when engine starts, this emissives get ON. With my car i get inside and nothing happens.
heres a screenshot so you can get an idea:

Please help me, i have tried setting ID to 0, importing his car and checking the material for that part which i have made 1 exactly the same, emissives keep working only at night, not at daytime like in his car
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ask the author of this model. Also, try installing this vehicle instead the one you are replacing (by renaming files) and check whether this feature works or not. it might be related to vehicle configuration in .meta files.
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg yeah thanks, got it to work after 9 hours of trying lol. Some real hard trick that asian guy did
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

guys, how edit ydr files ?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Doctorgta wrote:Hi misterbrooks did you ever figure out how to fix this?
you too have same problem ?
this problem It is caused by COL added in top glass to get breakable, so i delete it and change size of COL chassis and camera is back to default
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

camera position is identified by the game with respect to geometry bounds and physics volume bounds. changing them can control camera position. As an example, if your vehicle has an antenna on top, this could cause the game to move camera pretty high.
shonen

Post by shonen »

Hey Oleg,
I am having a bit of a problem. So I am following your IV to V guide even if my car isn't actually from IV lol and when I try to paint vertices for the deformation, nothing happens, like after I painted white I paint grey like the tut shows but nothing turns magneta in color...
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I only have diffuse color ticked on the vertices' properties... The specular color isn't ticked.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's ok to have diffuse color set on vertices, no specular.

make sure your Surface\Paint -> options -> has proper channel toggled on. it should be R or G, I don't remember which of them is painted.

Also, most of GTA materials are configured to ignore per-vertex color, as it is not the "color" for the model. If you have already converted your materials, you will not see effect of paint. Toggle off "Ignore vertices color" option on material properties panel and you will be able to see per-vertex color.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is there any option to change all parts from L0 to L1 at one time?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

guys help please, i want edit carcols.meta to fix lights bug but i not find id of adder
id of zentorno is 83, id of massacro is 82 ....
but i not find id of adder, please help me guys i want id of adder
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg how to make secondary color work?
Tried creating a vehicle_paint1 shader with [PAINT:2] key, also tried the same with vehicle_paint2 shader
get inside the game and only primary color appears, any help?

do the piece require an special ID?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Mister Brooks, only DLC cars can be edited in concern on light coronas if I'm not mistaken.
@vans123, [PAINT:2] is a correct keyword. If you re-import your your .yft model, does this option retain or vanish from material name?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, only DLC cars can be edited in concern on light coronas if I'm not mistaken.
but when edit light value in carvariations.meta all customize of car like change wheels.. not work in game any solution to fix light and work customize in same time ?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hey Oleg, i have some troubles with window glasses, the windscreen and back glasses have low opacity and are almost invisible, and with tint they have almost no reflection. only the glasses at the doors are ok...
look at the screenshots:
Image Image
@Mister Brooks you had a similiar problem? Do you know maybe how to fix it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, check per-vetex color and per-vertex alpha. it might be the cause. use RGB mode to pick/paint color (pick from door window's vertex with a click). Then use 'A' mode to pick/paint alpha too.

If you use your own texture, a texture's alpha could also be the cause. check uv-mapping to find out how your windows are mapped.

Also, a geometry object requires 2 uv channels for vehicle_vehglass shader. If i'm not mistaken, the second UV is used for dirt-mapping, but it might be essential for the game.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

help help, when change tint of glass, all glass change to black, look

i want change tint for glass of doors only, how do it ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Mister Brooks, you need to paint per-vertex alpha on mesh. Search the forum - it have been explained in step by step details.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, you need to paint per-vertex alpha on mesh. Search the forum - it have been explained in step by step details.
thanks i fixed it,
please how show toolbox in left-side
like this
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it comes in default configuration, but probably in very compact size. Check availability in View->Toolbars->Toolbox. You can undock / float it and resize while it is floating. then dock it on the left side. you can drag & drop new tools onto this toolbox, or drag them out of toolbox to remove.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

@Oleg, i have problem with mirrors, Mirrors work but with bad quality, look screenshot
i tried surface/normals/projects but anything not change in game