Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
vans123
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by vans123 »

@oleg can I use uv mapper tool per material and not per mesh? because the material I need to be tiled is used in chassis, if yes, can you tell me how?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

switch all objects to poly level, use Select\By Material -> pick the material you need; then use Edit UV. it will make uv-charts in UV Mapper for your material among all meshes selected.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

I tried replacing wheel mods but game crashes when trying to put the wheel mod on and the wheel looks messed up in OpenIV. first question, is it even possible to replace wheel mods?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

where wheel mod files are located?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:where wheel mod files are located?
Grand Theft Auto V\x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\vehiclemods\wheels_mods.rpf
Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\mpheist\vehiclemods\wheels2_mods.rpf <- I edited this one because this one was actually used in game.
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg can you tell me which tool i need to use to be able to move my polygons in UVwrapper? nothing works the polygons are there but cant scale/move
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

switch to objects level first. then you can edit them like other objects (and switch to verts level if needed to edit vertices). Technically, you should use move/rotate/scale/mirror tools in UV Mapper only. Using "Delete" tool is allowed too. it will not delete uv-mapping on objects, it allows to get rid of objects inside uv mapper when you've done editing some (or all) of them.

@Chasez, I'll check this tomorrow. It took me more than a hour to reach tuning shop in game due to a constant CTD. i've been removing all mods I have one by one and ended up with no mods at all and still CTD. disabling openiv asi loader made it possible to reach tuning shop and install custom wheels, so I'll be able to test them tomorrow. :)
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg THANKS THANKS ALOT! it worked!
another 2 questions , why does the game spawn copies of my car each time something collides with the roof? and why are my bumpers not detaching from my car when i crash? they rotate 180 degrees when i crash and dont let go

EDIT: Here 2 pictures, hope you can help me :(

Last edited by vans123 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks wheel can use only vehicle_tire shader. you can't use vehicle_mesh or vehicle_paint* on a wheel.
thanks i fix it but i have last problem with shader of wheels and rims, look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z60SOTxrwy0

maybe this problem because the material but i don't know how fix it !! any help ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@vans123, "Flags" properties are potentially incorrect. They should include "E" on parts that can go off.
@Mister Brooks , vehicle_tire requires a normal-map texture. If you don't have it, assign "blank_normal" (located in vehshare.ytd). Then you need to get correct tangents on a wheel model. Check it's Properties->Mesh->Vertices->Format->Tangents (enable if they are not). Then use Surface\Normals\Calculate tool on your wheel to re-calculate tangents.
adshud

Post by adshud »

Running into some weird issues regarding lights and polygons just not showing up in game, I thought it was an issue like back in GTA:SA where you had to have the windows and glass parts at the bottom of the hierarchy or things disappear behind the glass but it doesn't seem so. I've tried detaching, moving it about etc, doesn't seem to do anything.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should sort materials in a browser instead. the material for lights glass should be at the bottom, or at least after material for inner-lights stuff.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

when i try to attach one object to another, some weird polygons come out.. how to fix this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

object exceeds 64K vertices per-object limit. Use "Group" instead of attach on such a models. You can assign "Group" as L0 onto compound object later.

Objects can't be edited when they are in group, so make sure to apply required modifications and material assignment prior putting object into a group.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg, game still crashes when trying to replace wheel mod.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you toggled off "Skeletal model" when exporting wheel YDR file?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:have you toggled off "Skeletal model" when exporting wheel YDR file?
Yes, tried both ways.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

does import/export of original "wheel_mods" wheel for your vehicle produce appcrash too? I can't test wheel mods locally for some reason, the vehicle always reverts to stock wheel. For some reason, an attempt to put "dlcpacks" to "mod" folder makes them unreadable. Trainer can not change wheels from stock upto to #20. when I disable "mods" folder, I can change wheels from #0 to #20 fine. may be i miss something, but I can't test wheel mods here. :(
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:does import/export of original "wheel_mods" wheel for your vehicle produce appcrash too?(
Yes, still crashes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me an original and imp/exported wheel model file, i'll check whether it was exported properly.

Also, do you replace a model inside a /update/x64/dlcpacks.... or use a suggested openIV method with mods/update/x64/... ?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:send me an original and imp/exported wheel model file, i'll check whether it was exported properly.

Also, do you replace a model inside a /update/x64/dlcpacks.... or use a suggested openIV method with mods/update/x64/... ?
I do it OpenIV way, so I can keep playing MP without changing any edited files.
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Oleg cant fix the bumpers issue, also noticed that they WILL go off the car when severe crashing but once they go out...they go out ALONG a collisionless copy of my chassis mesh :(
any help here?

Here some screenshots, please help me :c

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what options are set on COL of your bumper (screen) and what options are set on dummy of bumper_f compound node (screen) ?
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

I have a zmod related problem i think. I duplicated an indicator_lr and named it indicator_rr, changed everything and the ID of the polygons, click apply, export and but it keeps exporting the copy with the same id of the original..

edit:also tried to import/export again. it keeps exporting with the original ID
edit2: i have been forced to export the mesh in .obj to let it lose its proprierties and i have fixed it using the imported obj
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@oleg which options do you mean? something i noticed is that everything in my .z3d is correct but when i re-import my .yft and _hi.yft the collision for chassis is turned around 180 degrees and outside de boundaries box but...ingame the collision is set in place