Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:@Gta5KoRn, your windscreen texture should have alpha channel. A windscreen should be double, with polygons facing outside and polygons facing inside. the inside copy should use vehicle_vehglass_inner.
the inside polygons use already vehicle_vehglass_inner. and how to fix that tinted windows that look invisible from outside, like on 1st screenshot? how exactly can i add this alpha channel?
CplCookie

Post by CplCookie »

Yard1 wrote:This is infuriating. Besides the Stanier (police.yft), no other model has breakable glass for me. I have tested all police cars, the insurgent, riot, and police maverick and none of them work. The material and COL nodes have Crash values assigned and I should have all the cwgv files required in my export folder. Am I doing something wrong?
I have the same issue, I made a civilian version of police3 but it only half works. the driver's side passenger door gets the broken texture but wont actually break and the two little windows on both rear doors do the same. All the other windows do not break.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

if you import the police 3 and do nothing 1 glass will shatter but nothing more.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

do you have a groups inside collisions? the items with "L"-shape bounding box corners like here: http://s9.postimg.org/3nflpqjjj/Untitled_1.jpg

? if you do, an export for Crash will not configure correctly. I'm currently trying to solve this issue.
Yard1

Post by Yard1 »

I am pretty sure default models don't have groups inside their collisions.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

i have problem when attach my chassis with original chassis car

how fix it please ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Mister Brooks, you are exceeding 64K vertices limit per object. use groups instead of attaching. select objects (regular geometry objects) in hierarchy and press Group. Then you can assign this group as LO onto chassis.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, you are exceeding 64K vertices limit per object. use groups instead of attaching. select objects (regular geometry objects) in hierarchy and press Group. Then you can assign this group as LO onto chassis.
ok thanks i'll try it now
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@f5544, @CplCookie : fixed, get an update.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

@Oleg work but i can't move or delete anything via using polygon after group it :(

Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg, pls answer about window tint problem.. i dont get it how to fix it....
Yard1

Post by Yard1 »

Thank you for the update Oleg, the glass now works perfectly on all my models.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Mister Brooks, you can't edit objects when they are grouped. edit them prior to grouping.
@Gta5KoRn, I don't know anything about window glass tint. does import/export of original vehicle makes any bug related to glass tint?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, you can't edit objects when they are grouped. edit them prior to grouping.
i want attach my objects (doors,wheels,steeringwheel) with original model and delete original object after attach it to work ingame, any other solution to work my doors (open/close) in game without attaching ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hey guys, who have reported me an error on attempt to load some model with missing configuration for vehicle_generic? I've cleared the inbox of PM and can't locate what model file gives this on import. Can you locate such a model for me again?
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

I noticed that my collisions of movable objects like bonnet,doors and boot don't get bullets traces until I open and close them. After I opened and closed them it's like the COL is detected and from that moment if I shoot at them the bullets traces are detected
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have a problem with chassis [COL] or ANY of its child collisions. inspect every single collision on vertices level with "Flat shaded" mode to ensure geometry topology is Ok.

when you open/close door or bonnet, it is extracted from "composition" of vehicle collisions and act on it's own from that moment, and according to you note it takes bullet shells, the collision of exactly this part is Ok. While it it inside a composition, any of composition elements with topology problem will make entire composition not work properly.

Pay attention to glass collision volumes too - these have to be solid thick boxes, not a tiny shapes like in gta4. Check the video guide (part #1) for this.
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

Yes, I replaced all the COL and now it works, almost fixed everything!
My only problem left is the bonnet which actually doesn't get the bullets traces but after some shoots it acts like damaged (the opened bonnet is loaded). Anyway If i manage to get it off the car, it gets the bullets traces if i shoot it while on the ground. the COL has actually a 116 ID and the part of the chassis COL under the bonnet has a 142 ID

EDIT: Fixed the polygons still had a different ID
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

object not reacting to bullet tracing while on a car is in most of cases an invalid collision volume, but it could be invalid on ANY object and cause problems on ANY OTHER object. so you should double-check collisions again.

Also, very important to import your vehicle back into ZModeler and check collision volumes again. Also, very important to press "Damage" state button and inspect collision volumes for surface topology again. move vertices while in "Damage" state to fix shape.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

@Oleg, help please how fix the lights problem, look

and what material of paint wheels ?
Last edited by Mister Brooks on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

ive got some strange lines on the interior, but they dissapear when i stay near the car in the 1st person mod... how to fix them?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, seems like some texture is missing and get replaced randomly by another texture.
@Mister Brooks, these are configured in non-editable script file. vehicle.ymt or something like that.
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

Some cars, like Trevor's bobcat have some extralight_X that are mapped as bright lights, I order to recreate some like them what ID should i use for their poligons? The same used for the headlights or what?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

check IDs on original model.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Oleg wrote:@Mister Brooks, these are configured in non-editable script file. vehicle.ymt or something like that.
can take light in other original car and use in my car ? it work or not ?